Breaking Bad fans: did you know about this???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thunderbyrd, Oct 8, 2019.

1. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Loved BB and love Saul, El Camino was okay. Seems like Jesse being broken in the series was given a redemption arc in the movie. Handling business in a desicive way and reaching his end goal.

I watched this and the new season of Peaky Blinders, both were mildly a let down. Blinders appears to have set up another season so they could rebound.

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

Watching it now

3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I realized after that my brother bares a striking resemblance to Jesse & he's currently going down a similar path. My encounter with him in Aug didnt end well. My whole family now knows about the elephant. That's a little of the bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Pinkman.

ifallalot likes this.
  4. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

Watched it last night. It was OK.

5. vgallagher

vgallagher Tele-Meister

El Camino sucked, only my opinion. Your results may vary.

saltyseadog likes this.
  6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

the ripping off his parents one last time was apropos... and the 'its not you, its me' and them falling for one more BS story.

We love our kids and they are good 'trouble free' kids... but, we pretty much put the BS detector on high when they tell about a misadventure... and they know and usually just tell us what actually happened...

the people who I have known who got on the wrong side of drugs and crime etc... there is just a thing you can detect... in my youth I had some friends go to the penitentiary and some family members who got caught up in illegal activities and you could just feel it and witness all the weird stuff that would happen...

Wildcard_35, fendertx and bender66 like this.
  7. AxRookie

AxRookie Tele-Meister

Yes I did...

8. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

I wish I had re-watched the series closer episode prior. I wound up going back and watching it after the fact. There was lots of fast forwarding.

I guess I am recommending this for folk which had not seen the last series episode as I did, way over a year ago.

Not that is matters, but I did notice Jesse booting it/escaping away in the El Camino was a re-shoot for the movie VS the series. It would have been easy to match the beard growth, they did not. I guess they thought we'd not notice. Pick, pick, pick... :cool:

fendertx likes this.
  9. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted

You're watching all the same stuff as me.

The first two seasons of Peaky Blinders are head and shoulders above the more recent ones.

I really liked El Camino though, it was a good way for Jesse's story to end, He was never an actual bad person like Walt

fendertx likes this.
  10. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted

I'm going to repeat myself but even though Better Call Saul would never be able to exist without Breaking Bad I believe it is the better show

fendertx likes this.
  11. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire

El Camino did not suck.
    Jesse still does though :)
    I guess I’ll keep hanging on...

fendertx likes this.
  12. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I watched it last night. I thought it had some good moments, but overall it was a disappointment.

13. saltyseadog

saltyseadog Tele-Meister

My wife and I both big fans of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul sat down with high hopes to watch it last night. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement. It was simply a load of rubbish we watched it for a little over an hour and then agreed we really didn't care much what happened to him after that and switched it off. Bryan Cranston did himself a favour not taking part in it.

14. getbent

heisenberg was in it.

15. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

You do realize Cranston's character is dead by now, except in flashback, right?

vid1900, christhee68 and gwjensen like this.
  16. faulp

faulp TDPRI Member

I thoroughly enjoyed it as I did with Breaking Bad.

I last watched the series about a year ago and I didn't notice Jesse's beard growth being different. I did notice how chunky Todd had become though, which seemed strange. His face was quite memorable.

ifallalot likes this.
  17. robt57

Fighten Woids! ;)

18. robt57

"I did notice how chunky Todd had become though"

Yeah, a little pre-shooting dieting may have been in order. I should clarify the case of referring to this series/movie 'shooting with cameras' for the sake of the comment....

19. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

He's a great actor, but he totally "phoned it in". If I were the director, I'd have deleted that entire scene.

20. getbent

fair enough. I liked the scene. If I have a complaint about the movie, it is just that so many parts were 'reminiscent' of the series... no way to explain how the one actor aged and gained weight nor how heisenberg was so much older... nor how jessies voice is different and he is much older...

My wife asked 'how long was Jessie held prisoner' and I said, "I dunno probably 6 months or something" which would not explain a lot...

the movie would not stand alone, so it was really and epilogue or something... but, I hear you... I'm just not sure what I expected...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.