Breaking Bad fans: did you know about this???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thunderbyrd, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic

Yes! Absolutely knew this was coming! Does anyone have a time this will be on Netflix? Wife and I are looking forward to a continuation of this award winning program.

thunderbyrd likes this.
  2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

Tomorrow
    Edit, nope see got confused with the date format
    its Friday

3. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

This speaks to my problem with "El Camino." Pinkman always annoyed the hell out of me. He was well-written, well-acted. Etc., etc. I just don't like this type of guy and I don't want to spend a lot of time with him, even in a work of fiction. And I'm a guy who loves dark crime stories.

wabashslim and jkingma like this.
  4. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

I'll be watching.

5. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire

I agree, Pinkman was that, to a T. He was a Grade A punk a** b****, if you know what I mean. But he transformed like "Hal" did lol. Maybe I'm being hopeful, but I think none of that old Jesse will be there this time around.

Rev Rhythm likes this.
  6. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

I loved "Breaking Bad" and I'm totally looking forward to this, but damn...I've been rewatching "Justified" on Amazon prime...and I'll stand by my opinion that it was the best show on TV during the Breaking bad era.

BB and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Meister

This is gonna mineral!

thunderbyrd and 2 Headed Goat like this.
  8. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

I see what you did there!

I'll be watching. Looking at the cast on IMDB, I'm happy to see Badger (hilarious) and Old Joe (the junkyard fixer guy).

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I've never watched a single episode of Breaking Bad, but I've watched every episode of Justified start to finish. Good series.

BB likes this.
  10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I like the likable and unlikable characters. When they are written well, like in these shows, it allows me insight into them in a way I would not understand that type of person otherwise... with Jesse... we got to see his break points and when he bows his back and when he had courage and when he was a coward... I didn't see it as growth so much as we got to observe all the different aspects and events that would lead him to behave as he would behave.... his loser friends are kind of like people I have known and it is interesting to see how they operate too... I am looking forward to seeing the movie!

Skully, Wildcard_35 and BB like this.
  11. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Breaking Bad is a top five best show ever for me. But I feel like I'm "done" with it for good - what could they possibly do in a movie that they didn't already do in the show? I don't have any interest in a sequel story, nor a prequel, nor a side mission. I don't even want to watch a trailer.

12. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

Well, YEAH, he's a cop! But he only has one specialty, drugs. And his pursuit wasn't out of great moral outrage but more like pure ego-driven obsession with finding & capturing scumbags. I can't disagree with that. His methods don't surprise me.

Besides, who wouldn't try to get their wife or kids out of trouble (at least in the beginning)? The Cuban cigar business is purely a political sanction, nothing to do with health, safety or criminality per se'.

Torren61, thunderbyrd and getbent like this.
  13. Rev Rhythm

Rev Rhythm Tele-Meister

I really thought this was going to be explored more in the show, especially in the first season. I was a little disappointed it wasn't but I loved the show anyway.

Torren61 likes this.
  14. Rev Rhythm

Rev Rhythm Tele-Meister

He was an officer of the law aiding and abetting his wife's criminal behavior while engaging in criminal behavior of his own.

I really hoped they'd explore how everyone was less moral than they presented themselves.

15. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Yup. heard about it from my 19 yo son. Can't wait! Looks like I have my weekend planned.

16. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic

We knew it's this Friday 10/11/19...What time Friday?

17. getbent

There are lots of different personality types in the LEO world. His character is a not uncommon one.... they are in the hunt... it is an elaborate, exciting game... and all the foibles of power come into play... CLEARLY, that guy is all over the LEO world (in real life) just like Jesse is all over the small time hood world... Walter is anachronistic, but Mike and Saul aren't...

There is great research about how unhappy people become when they feel like they got gypped or cheated or when they are envious of another's possessions.... There is also great satisfaction (the degree is not equal) in having forbidden fruit (like cubans or a maserati)....

He gets to carry a gun, and pull people over, and determine if you get to walk the streets... power corrupts absolutely, right? Last, I think they DID explore how EVERYONE IS less moral than they present themselves and, often how bad guys can do moral and good things and how immoral acts can be good and how illegal activities can be just....

No fake Joe Friday stuff here.

18. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Note the subtitle is "A Breaking Bad Movie". Not "The Breaking Bad Movie." Hmm.

19. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mild deraill - what is great about Justified? It keeps popping up in my suggestions queue (probably based on binge watching Deadwood). But the Netflix description of the series doesn't leap out at me as "must watch"

20. getbent

It is GREAT. It captures the lawless aspect of law enforcement, it has a mike like character... Raylon's nemesis is also his friend... great acting.. good kentucky (I lived there for 5 years and lots of cool locations that were kinda accurate) hot wimmens in sexual activity....

violence, check. Tim Oliphant is really great...

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.