Brass saddle bridge for CV50 Tele?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by RoCkstAr256, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:07 PM.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

Someone recommended me here that i should change telecaster bridge to brass saddle bridge to ge tmuch better sound. I think i can spare around 50 bucks to do it. I own Squier CV 50 telecaster, been looking at fee stores and found Tele GOTOH BS-TC1 (CR) Bridge, cocts 55 USD here. Will it fit my Tele? Recommend me one

2. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Pontiaddict and nojazzhere like this.
  3. RoCkstAr256

Not steel, its made of chrome mate :)

4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Don't know FOR SURE they're available where you are, and for how much, but Wilkinson compensated brass saddles only are on Amazon here for $13-14 per set. The entire bridge WITH saddles is about $25. That's the way I would go. (replace saddles only)

LutherBurger and Chunkocaster like this.
  5. sugarinthegourd

sugarinthegourd Tele-Meister

I believe they are chromed brass. I wouldn't worry about upgrading unless you have a very firm idea about what small change you are desiring.

Having said that, the Gotoh "in-tune" saddles are excellent.

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. RoCkstAr256

[​IMG]
    You mean this ? WILKINSON WTB (CR) ? Costs here 35 USD

nojazzhere likes this.
  7. RoCkstAr256

Havent heard of that

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Yes....can you buy JUST the saddles?
    And I agree with sugarinthegourd......don't expect much (if any) change in sound. The only reason I could see changing is if your current saddles AREN'T compensated. THAT change can make a big difference. (not in sound, but in intonation)

Chunkocaster and The Angle like this.
  9. RoCkstAr256

Well am, i i think i can but i wouldnt mind new bridge . Looks cool and 35 USD isnt much

Non compensated saddles as for Squier CV50 Tele, Its indonesian one

10. sugarinthegourd

sugarinthegourd Tele-Meister

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 2:17 PM
    RoCkstAr256 and nojazzhere like this.
  11. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Fender brass compensated saddles #0058544049 from Darren Riley @ $19.95 + shipping.

www.darrenriley.com

I've used these on several builds. Work just fine.

Not sure what your added tax would entail. I'm sure you could find them in Europe.

boris bubbanov and nojazzhere like this.
  12. RoCkstAr256

Taxes would be too high i guess

13. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

That's the sort of advice you should be very cautious about. No single, small change to your guitar is going to get you "much better sound," unless that small change is plugging it into a better amp. The world is full of Telecasters that manage to sound wonderful without brass saddles. Most people can't tell the difference between brass vs. steel, string-through vs. top-loader, or three-saddle vs. six-saddle without looking.

14. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

There are plenty of brass saddle options on Ebay for less than £10/10Euro. Vanson plain, Vanson compensated, Wilkinson compensated, no-name plain, no-name compensated. Vast choice.

The difference in sound unamplified is small, if noticeable. Through an amp?, even less so. As for compensated, take your time and the plain saddles can be made to play just as much in intonation, or the compensated just as far out, as each other. Even with compensated you're only totally accurate in two places.

On my CVC, I spent time, money and effort switching out the stock threaded steel saddles for plain brass, compensated brass, plain brass large diameter and despite the avatar pic, I've gone back to the threaded steel. My intonation is just as good/bad as it ever was. I tend to tune the strings, then tune to a chord.
    Unamplified, the difference was minimal. Steel, to me, sounds brighter. Totally clean, you can tell, but if you weren't told, you wouldn't know, and certainly no-one else would.

Do what makes you happy. I found I got a bigger sonic difference when I tried different string brands than changing saddles.

My CV50 VB came with brass, it will stay with what it came fitted with. I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.

nojazzhere and RoCkstAr256 like this.
  15. RoCkstAr256

This is really good information, i have been told that nickel strings and bass saddle bridge gives most spanky and twangy tone. Ill give it a try in a few weeks

16. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Hi.

I put brass Gotoh saddles on my Tele. “In Tune” saddles or something like that.

I did it mostly for looks and the promise of better / easier intonation (& just for fun). I wasn’t expecting too much tonal change, maybe a tad warmer.

And that’s what I got. I *think* I can hear a difference. Maybe the guitar is ever so slightly warmer. But maybe it isn’t. And as has been mentioned, that’s only when the sound is clean.

My advice would be, if you really want to do this, go with saddles only. That way you avoid the question of whether a new Fender spec bridge will line up or not on your CV Tele. You might still need to get out a file for the saddles, if they prove collectively too wide.

My two other hunks of free advice would be, ‘spend the money on a used pedal of some kind if you want to hear a change’ and ‘there is no “better,” only “different.”’

Pax/
    Dean

LutherBurger and RoCkstAr256 like this.
  17. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Chrome plated, but chrome plated what? :)

18. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I would keep the stock bridge seeing as it should be nickel and just buy some brass saddles like nojazzhere listed or another real brass saddle set if you can find some cheaper. Just don't buy those anodized gold ones from china on ebay. Check reviews to make sure they are decent quality brass before buying whatever you find cheap on ebay.

beagle likes this.
  19. RoCkstAr256

Im getting Wilkinson bridge with compensated saddles, although i have to wait since store is out of supplies

Chunkocaster likes this.
  20. RoCkstAr256

I dont known lol

beagle likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.