Brand New Tele shipped..with issues

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Gutterguy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Happy New Guitar Day!

2. Gutterguy

Gutterguy TDPRI Member

Yup

3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Cool you're getting it fixed up!

But, I'd pay good money to have a treble bleed removed if I couldn't do it myself...

4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Interesting - the saddle seems to be sitting okay for not having the adjusting screw. The neck isn't that far off center; probably correctable with an easy adjustment. That being said I would probably return this one and try again. Particularly since you paid full price from GC for it - usually they will give you the 15% off coupon on Fender products as long as you call or buy in person (but not if you just add it to your cart online). Basically I would return it and push to use the 15% on the replacement.

When I bought my original Player Tele in July I got the 15% off, and I also got the 15% off when I bought an American Performer Mustang in December.

5. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Holic

Hopefully they will also put it back to the correct direction. I must have been made by the guy watching in the mirror.

6. Gutterguy

Gutterguy TDPRI Member

Amen. My guy has been working on Guitars since the late 60’s. He said they probably see a thousand righty’s to one lefty. Probably thrown off by it at he factory.

7. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's

How does that bridge screw missing even happen?!

8. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Was this guitar hanging in the store ? Never rule out that SOMEONE took the screw out of the bridge. People do strange things these days, especially guitar players ! :eek:

The 4 way is an excellent upgrade.

enjoy !

9. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Absolutely. Mexican or not ( not that I have seen much difference having rewiring and re-stringin gone)
    $750 is just that, $750 of your money on a guitar that NEEDS an immediate repair. Take it back to the store and demand a certified Fender repairer.

10. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

At least you have functional saddles conprared to previous one :D

11. Stu Cazz

Stu Cazz TDPRI Member

Weird that missing screw thing, never seen that before. The unaligned neck thing is something that burned into my subconscious many years ago when a saw it on a guitar a poor devil had ordered. Since then it's one of the first things I look at with bolt on necks when I'm in stores. Last time at my authorized Fender dealer I saw 3 of em, and that only looking at the upper row of MIA Fender's. Mexicans? Can't tell, the two player Tele's I saw looked ok. I think the others could be right with the "shipping wiggle diggle" theory.

12. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I picked up new a AVRI 65 Jazzmaster last Sept. I love this guitar, sounds great, neck feels like 1965, looks great. What annoys me it has fret sprout. My original 1966 Jazzmaster has never had fret sprout. I'm too nervous to work on this myself with the white binding. So it's gonna cost me to get it repaired. I don't think a American made $2K guitar should have these issues.

13. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

Doesn't GC do a free setup on the guitar when you purchase it? I'm really surprised, especially when you are getting a guitar sight unseen, delivered to your door.

Up here in Canada, our GC equivalent is Long and McQuade. I've bought 3 guitars from them since 2012 and each time, the guitar was pretty much set up hanging on the wall. Even then, I was told to bring it back within a year for a free setup which included setting up the relief, action, intonation, pickup height and polishing the frets to a mirror like finish. I once bought an Epi Dot from them and after a couple of months, I noticed some fret buzz in certain areas. I checked the frets with a fret rocker and found a few high frets. I brought it back to them and under warranty, they did a fret level, polish and full setup. All free. I've bought guitars from 2 other shops in town and they also set them up before I brought them home.

Like others have said, the neck alignment is a simple repair that GC can do in mere minutes. The missing screw and spring can also be installed fairly quick if they have spare parts around. Its not like a cracked body, warped neck or major flaw. These are very minor problems...if the guitar plays well, keep it and get them repaired under warranty.

14. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

It should still be under warranty. Bring it to a Fender dealer and have them look at it. It's the heating season right now and the wood is drying and shrinking. Frets are stable, wood is not. Therefore winter is the best time to have the fret ends filed down. That way, next winter when you've had the heat on in your house, you won't get the sprout again.

15. Gutterguy

Gutterguy TDPRI Member

Thank you

16. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Meister

I just don't get the stress ova the neck non-issue. As pointed out, a 30 sec fix.
    Doesn't everone go ova their new guitars and fine tune/tweak to their own preferances?
    Do ppl seriously just unpack them and start playing?
    I prefer my new guitars NOT to be set up - how the heck wud they know how I like it?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    bftfender likes this.
  17. Bigpernz

Bigpernz Tele-Meister

On a side note, great looking fretboard on that guitar from the pictures. I love a dark fretboard especially on a white guitar. Very nice!

18. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

every guitar i get. dont even play it, even if it came set up.. set it up my way and re string with strings i prefer. They are bought very specifically. if there was a structural issue..back it would go..simple set up that you have to do anyway..would just do it. Most of my guitars are leftover abused problems nobody wanted and just needed a lil love

19. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Nice one mate, a lefty white Player is on my list, don't worry about the silly righties' comments, unfortunately there are some people on this forum who think their comments about left handed guitars are the only time someone has heard about the orientation. Backward idiots.

Enjoy that guitar!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.