Brainy Memorial: The Formaldehydecaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by I_build_my_own, Aug 1, 2016.

1. I_build_my_own

I_build_my_own Friend of Leo's

IMG_7182.JPG
    Ok Rick since you might not buy that I cut the body on the table saw... Here some background how it came to that picture. - full confession..

The cat came in from the garage and looked like in the picture - full with saw dust. Next thing I know, I am faced with an ultimatum to clean up the garage or else... So I put everything on the table to sweep the floor (see how relatively clean it looks). Table saw was just in the proximity of the mess.

2. MM73

MM73 Tele-Afflicted

No need for a subscription. I think pop stars these days will come and go before your subscription runs its course.

Your best bet to stay in the loop is to watch superhero movies. Not really my thing, either, but I'm just out of the infant and toddler years. The superhero movies are infinitely better than any of the Smurf movies or straight to DVD stuff that I suffered through not so long ago.

I'll look forward to seeing the electric mandolin come together. Hope it will come with a lasso of truth :lol:

Barncaster likes this.
  3. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Hi Helmut,
    What happened to your thread while you were at work today? Why just about the same thing that happens to it every day! Once the monkeys find a hang out they like and the beer is good they tend to stick around. Add Linda Carter to the mix and it's pretty much a lock.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    2blue2 and MM73 like this.
  4. Barncaster

Concerning the dusted cat and your wife's path of logic, I would challenge her to prove that it was "your" sawdust on the cat. Maybe the cat fearlessly attacked a rogue termite nest in your garage..... no, that would probably freak her out. Maybe just tell her you were using the cat to dust the floor.....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    2blue2, nosmo and Zepfan like this.
  5. Reckless Rat

Reckless Rat Tele-Meister

One of my cats is very fond of helping me when I'm in the garage. There's lots of things to sniff and hide under and generally rub up against - and yes, sawdust and cobwebs. Everything we own is covered in cat hair anyway, so a little dust on top of that isn't a big deal.

Barncaster likes this.
  6. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It does look quite clean. (The shop, not the cat). I bet a cat would make a great bench brush if you could find a place to put a handle. And avoid the teeth and claws. I almost wish you hadn't shattered my high opinion of you, but at least now I can stop dodging guitar-body size kickbacks from my table saw trying to copy your woodworking feat.

Daniel94 likes this.
  7. R. Stratenstein

Our little shop mascots can be an interesting bunch. I remember James Muzikp saying Butters, their beautiful, but none-too-bright Lab amusing herself by standing so as to get the full discharge of chips from the planer, right in her face so she can grab the stream with her mouth. Like dogs do with yard sprinklers but dumber.

EDIT: This discussion reminds me of Brainy's shop cat, Percy Pants The Cat Boy. Hope he's fairing well.

Daniel94, MM73 and Barncaster like this.
  8. I_build_my_own

Lasso of truth??? I guess I an google that without getting in trouble?

9. I_build_my_own

I think I will position the saw dust as cat glitter!

R. Stratenstein and Barncaster like this.
  10. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Tele-Afflicted

Cat glitter is the perfect response! I just never knew it was the same as man glitter!!! Who would have known???

11. I_build_my_own

It is not exactly the same as man glitter which is more common at construction sites. This cat glitter is from true tone wood.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Mark Grant likes this.
  12. R. Stratenstein

I think Little Richard is fond of man-glitter.

Barncaster likes this.
  13. Barncaster

Ba bump bump.......
    IMG_3539.JPG

14. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Tele-Afflicted

I am only familiar with man glitter that comes from true tone woods. Construction site glitter is just saw dust in my book. :lol:

15. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

You just tie their feet together. Easy peezy. You can use the tail to dust the tight spots.

Not that I've ever tried it..............

16. Barncaster

Back around 1970 or so I remember my mom trying to give my cat Bootsie a flea dip in the kitchen sink. She had Bootsie's front and rear paws taped together and was proceeding to lower him upside down, spine first into the dip. He was howling only the way a cat can when it thinks it's going to die a horrible death. My friend Jackie and I were in convulsive hysterics on the linoleum floor behind my mom at the sound of this. Then just before he hit the dip he got his front paws free and sunk his claws right into one of my mother's armpits. She let out a yell louder then the cat, dropped poor Bootsie and he hit the dip back first, then sprung out into the living room pogoing on his still taped together back paws and free fronts. I don't think I ever laughed that hard in my life. Then my mom turned around with death in her eyes and we bolted for the back door. Ah yes, fun with cats......

AAT65, Zepfan and LeftFinger like this.
  17. Barncaster

Where is Helmut?

18. R. Stratenstein

I give up. Where?

19. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Friend of Leo's

Germany.

20. I_build_my_own

Gals and guys be nice to the cats!!!

My day job has for now take over my spare time. Should get normal in a few weeks again. Till then the laquer can cure and sizzle in the summer temperatures. Will be back for wet sanding

R. Stratenstein likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.