Brain fart on Schaller STM bridge

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johmica, Aug 5, 2021.

1. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

I just ordered a Schaller STM, but I don't think that I'm going to be able to use it. It was an eBay purchase, to boot, so I won't be able to return it, either.

I got it for my Les Paul (to match the new Bigsby B7 that I'm installing this evening), but the kicker is, I'm left-handed. The STM has slanted rollers to match the offset of a right-handed Les Paul bridge, and putting it on a reverse slanted lefty is only going to exacerbate the slant of the rollers. I've been looking at the schematics on Schaller's website, and I don't think that there's any way to reverse the slant.

Bummer. I guess I'll just post it for sale on the Bay myself, and try to recoup some of my expenditure.

[​IMG]

2. posttoastie

posttoastie Friend of Leo's

Why cant you use an ARB-1 or ARV style bridge ? Is the guitar originally a Slug bridge style more angled 50s before the less angled change?

3. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

I can, and for the time being, I'll leave the ARB-1 on it. I just like the clunky, old-school look of a Schaller. It's more of a fashion choice than a functionary one.

4. posttoastie

posttoastie Friend of Leo's

Bad typing ,fixed
    ABR-1
    AVR

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.