1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Braided Humber wire connectors?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by biblebound, Feb 25, 2021.

  1. biblebound

    biblebound TDPRI Member

    Jan 16, 2017
    Woodville, Mississippi
    So, I have a Collings SoCo 16LC, which is a ES-335 type semi-hollowbody guitar. As you probably know, changing out pickups and wiring harnesses in these type of guitars via the f-holes, is a real hassle. I want to change the humbuckers but I'm fine with the rest of the harness. The pickups both in the guitar and the ones I want to replace them with both have the shielded braided wire---ground in the outside shielding, hot in the interior push back wire--so, it seems I could somehow just cut the wire on the existing pickups and splice in the new ones? Even better, is there some way I can use some sort of connector by soldering the shield to ground and hot to hot on a male/female connector? Anyone know of a connector I can use?
  2. sjtalon

    sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

    Oct 27, 2006
    Upper Peninsula of Michigan
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.