1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Brag about your spouse/partner

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by charlie chitlin, Sep 18, 2020.

1. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I love it! It’s a great amp. Dead simple with only 5 knobs. It’s impossible to get a bad tone out of it. Sounds great with all of my guitars. Thanks for asking. Take care.

2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Enjoy your guitar!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mine is still with me since 1977. I don't know how she can stand it.

imwjl likes this.
  4. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I first time I met my (now) wife was at a Halloween party, arranged by a mutual friend of ours to set us up. The second time was at her house for a dinner party for our mutual friend (and husband) and us. Her daughter (like 9 at the time) helped her mother with dinner and I was so impressed with how pleasant and well behaved the daughter was that I was smitten. She's raised a couple great kids of her own, and helped me with my boys during their late teens and beyond.

She's an amazing human, and she doesn't care what I do with my money. We have hers, mine, and ours, and manage ours together.

5. glenlivet

glenlivet Tele-Afflicted

For a wedding present (2001) she got me a new Tele.....for a Christmas present a few years ago she bought me a Gretsch 5420, for an anniversary present last year she got me a Squier Tele (with a bigsby).

6. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

What kind of Banjo did she get?

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My Wife is pretty cool.
    I think we are a good example of how Opposites attract.
    She does things I never expect and that is a Good Thing!

8. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

My wife taught me my first chords on guitar. She devotes most of her spare time to athletic pursuits these days and doesn’t really play anymore. I don’t blame her. If I was as good an athlete as she is, I’d do it to. She’s done the Olympic trials in the marathon, the Hawaii Ironman triathlon world championships 4 times and is now killing it in long distance swimming. She is also an awesome swim coach. She works with 8-12 year olds and her kids love her.

9. Sparky472

Sparky472 Tele-Holic

I could say plenty of nice things about my wife. But since this is a guitar forum, I’ll tell you that she has never told me I have too many guitars, or asked my why I need another one when I’m gassing for something. On the contrary, when there is a guitar or amp or other instrument I really want, she tells me I should get it, that I deserve it. Now, I don’t spend a ton of money on high dollar guitars generally and often I will sell something to help fund another. But she doesn’t care either way. She knows guitars are a passion of mine and that’s good enough for her.

10. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Q: Why is divorce so expensive?

A: Because it's worth it.

JRapp likes this.
  11. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

what can i say , 43 years together 34 married, how can you not love a woman that says " I love and I believe in your aspirations" you've all seen my toys and believe me there is much more I havent posted yet , not a word from Ms.24 , except the one day she said "why do you need 22 guitars?" ,

I probably could get away with anything , except bringing my girlfriend home and saying "She followed me home Can I keep her?" ( that may raise an Eyebrow)

about 5 years ago I lost all feeling in my hands and I started to lose control of my extremities hands , legs feet , I started to twitch uncontrolably ,I had no control , these symptoms came onon over the course of 3 weeks. I saw my doctor on the 15th of Dec. he ran tests and got me into see the nuero-surgeon post haste( he has a 5 year waiting list ), I saw the surgeon on Jan 10th , I was under the knife on Jan 21 , I was deteriorating daily and was losing motor skills expenentially , diagnosis was I had herniated C4,C5 in my neck when I was younger and the resultant nerve damage went from the base of my skull to right between my shoulder blades , these nerves were dead , bottom line the surgery was a success and a fusion of C4-C5 plus replacing the intervertibral pads .

what my wife did was outstanding and a testimony to our longevity , she said, " buy a Godin nylon string multiac guitar ( because of the wider neck and softer strings) to help me keep up my chops , then she added, " while you are at it get a Roland GR55 guitar synth, no sense in pissing around here" , Godins had just been released in left handed , I got one of the first ones sold in Canada right from Godin, in the states they were preorder only .

How can you not love someone like that ? I ask you!

Stubee and Collin D Plonker like this.
  12. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

The ocarina is the banjo of wind instruments and your wife is either a saint or deaf.

24 track likes this.
  13. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

I have a banjo too. I almost brought that on our trip too. But I decided to bring my acoustic.

Ocarinas are great as are banjos!

14. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

that is not just an ocarina, its a triforce Ocarina , from legend of Zelda, it has magical powers.

15. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Afflicted

My cat is my co-pilot in life. She's the only one I have left now and I adopted her at the ripe old age of 12, at the same time I bought an Epi Thunderbird bass. She's my little love muffin and will turn 15 on Christmas Eve.

Jazz3-wpcf_425x425.jpg

As for bragging about her, today she convinced me that I needed a 70th Anniversary Esquire and placed the order for me. Who can't love a cat like that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

16. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

She’s a lovingly unique & loving woman who’s occasionally an enigmatic challenge to me. She surprised me with my first Fender, a ‘72 Stratocaster, as a Christmas present 40-odd years ago + a bunch of other goodness, far too much to tell.

She’s stuck with me for nearly 45 years and sticks with all she holds dear. I’m lucky I literally stumbled into her after my first marriage fell apart. Here’s she’s sharing some love with our grandson after his coach switched him from starting LB to WR, where he scored a TD in his first game of the season. 0D277BD9-E57B-4AAD-9082-88CD1EBAACE8.jpeg

studio1087 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.