1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Brady appeal approved

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

And Bigfoot. Don't forget that they slipped Bigfoot onto the roster before the Ravens game.

2. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

Says the guy from Bahston.:D:D

As a lifelong Bears fan, I remember stories of Dick Butkus chewing on guys ears under the pile.:twisted:

3. Paleolith54

Paleolith54 Tele-Meister

So your opinion of him would be higher if he just let the league steamroll him?

Goodell's attempt at "protecting the shield" at the expense of Brady backfired because Brady refused to roll over. He's the only one in this situation other than the judge who showed any guts.

4. Coop47

Yeah, and I'm embarrassed to admit how much time I've spent following this closely while the rest of the country gets its news from ESPN or hack columnists. The NFL attempted to run a sting (in which they discovered one of their employees is stealing game used balls meant to be auctioned off for charity), leaked a false report, smeared a player, never bothered to correct the false report, spent millions on an investigation that turned up no evidence except gross incompetence in game operations, lie about the investigation's independence, assess an outrageous and unprecedented penalty for something really insignificant, lie about who was responsible for that penalty, run a farce of an appeals process (seriously - read the transcript), uphold the original decision but for a completely different reason, lie about what happened in the appeal process, immediately run to file in court so they can pick their own judge, get RIDICULED BY THE JUDGE about every aspect of this episode - not just the appeals process, but the accusation, the investigation and the judgement, and rightly get their butts handed to them. And as a fan, I got to follow that in excruciating detail instead of celebrating one of the most exciting super bowl wins in history.

But you get to make sanctimonious statements about placing winning above honor because you have some passing knowledge based on what some moron with a grudge said on a game broadcast. So yeah, I say that.

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Butkus and Ditka both openly bragged about cheating.... openly... laughing... like no problem, of course we cheated...

how does that sit with your earlier post?:eek:

6. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

no my opinion would still be the same...he is a whiny prima donna

he brought the railroading onto himself...which i dont think he was railroaded

i think years ago he directed the equipment guys to make the balls a certain way...then deflategate happened...he was texting the guys about what to say and do or whatever about what happened...then the nfl wanted his phone...he then broke it...there are law terms for what he did and people go to jail for it...he shouldve said...whoops...and then wouldve gotten a fine and everyone wouldve moved on...his arrogance is what made him look guilty as he thinks he is bigger than the game

of course this is just my view as i do not have any inside info

7. Coop47

Some not-so-inside info:
    - During the initial investigation, Wells said in no uncertain terms that he did not want Brady's phone.
    - This was only brought up during the appeal, which happened months after the investigation and decision. Goodell used it as the basis for upholding the decision.
    - Even if Wells did want the phone, Brady would not have provided it as it would have been a terrible precedent for the NFLPA. They are under no obligation to provide their phones.
    - "there are law terms for what he did and people go to jail for it" Remember when Brett Favre was texting pictures of his little Brett to Jenn Sterger? They definitely wanted his phone, he refused to provide it. He was fined $50,000.

It is sort of amazing to me how eager some people are to shoot off their mouths to disparage someone despite being willfully ignorant. It makes me a bit suspect about the advice or opinions they're providing on any other topic, including guitars.

8. highwayman

highwayman Former Member

Lots of money spent on slippery lawyers got him off and shifted the actual issue of did Tim Brady cheat? The real answer is plain to see ,yes he did and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it.Having said that I do not like Goodell antics.

9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

If deflated balls are an advantage?.... both teams play with the same pool of balls during the match, right?...

and the problem with that is?....:confused:

10. Coop47

Case in point.

11. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Tele-Holic

Belacheat and his puppet get away with it again.

12. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

LOL...yea...

PS. Maybe we should bring up Pete Rose actions in 70s vs Steroid actions omn the 2000's

That could get nasty........which did baseball worse....

I think the NFL will weather this one...

13. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

[​IMG]

14. Coop47

Actually, if you believe the Wells Report, Belichick was exonerated.

15. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

Attached Files:

16. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

They don't. Each team has their own set of balls.:eek:

17. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Friend of Leo's

Brady's a cheat, a liar & a cry baby. Wouldn't want my kids looking up to him as a hero.

18. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

This thread has proven the "Two Page Maxim" twice over. :lol::lol:

19. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

No, the offense gets to use its own balls. Deflated balls are easier to grip and less susceptible to fumbling.

20. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

Coop, you seem like a good guy so I don't want this to sound as a challenge, but let me ask: Do you believe in your heart that Tom Brady and the Patriots are completely innocent of deflating the balls?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.