Brad Paisley Tele Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by horax, Jul 20, 2017.

1. jonton2

jonton2 TDPRI Member

Grabbed this one used tonight from Guitar Center. Can’t wait for it to arrive $699 IMG_0116.JPG

esetter, horax and irie like this.
  2. BWNadeau

BWNadeau Tele-Afflicted

These run $1550 plus taxes in most parts up here in Canada - hardly what I’d call a value purchase when you can get a US Pro for about $250 more.

Like many many others, I’m in the camp of it being more appealing without the relic job, and with the rosewood deck. I think it would take a fan to take this over a Baja, because it is certainly not more guitar.

I’ve tried two - both sounded like good Teles. The pickups were fun, with good snapped and bite. The weight of both was consistent and reasonable. One needed a major set-up and fret attention.

I’d be interested to see what will happen with the price on the used market, but right now, unless I was a die-hard BP fan, I’d grab a used Baja, Burton - or a new US Standard or Professional before parting with this much money a new MIM Tele. That’s me and my money - your tastes and spending are your own, and more power to those who have them and enjoy them.

black_doug likes this.
  3. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

IMG_1613.JPG

I still haven’t changed strings or cleaned the neck.

horax likes this.
  4. xgritzx

xgritzx Tele-Meister

at that price I think you will bet well pleased

im with you on all of this, but here's the thing. and I am indeed a fan. in fact brad is about the only country I listen consistently. I played a zillion teles on my search. I wanted a 2 tone burst with a rosewood board and a thinner neck. I had about 2k to spend and already have a Baja. I wanted to take a step up from the Baja. I played American after American I tried the highway one and every version of tele I could get my hands on. new used anything and everything. now, in the 2500+ things get into a really different world. but I could spare the extra. the ONLY one that I couldn't stop thinking of was the BP tele. at guitar center no less. but it was everything I didn't want. I didn't want a relic, and admittedly a poor one. I didn't want silver sparkle. or a fat maple board. but damn it the freakin thing played and sounded so good even through a GT40. then a guy with actual talent grabbed it and it sounded even better. I couldn't see myself spending 1100 for a MIM so I left. about a week went buy and I kicked myself everyday for walking out without it. so I went back to get it. gone. but they had another one and I tried it but it wasn't the same. just couldn't vibe on it. a week later I was at a totally different store and found another one that felt right and had the least obnoxious relic (less sandpaper and more checking). I haggled them down to about $950 and walked out with it. never regretted it once. I think its worth it. I have found a lot of issues on it now after having it in my hands a whole bunch that im pretty sure you wouldn't find on a higher end guitar. I can certainly admit that. but man, something about this thing. its killer. any who thats kinda the story I see mirrored with a lot of other owners too. anyway thats how I ended up with one coming from nearly your same outlook.

horax and jonton2 like this.
  5. jonton2

jonton2 TDPRI Member

Got it. Loving it. Great guitar for any genre.

richey88, xgritzx and horax like this.
  6. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

Seeing a TON of these on the used market.

Guess people either over bought them or they decided it was too much of a gimmick to keep long term?

Me? Still loving it.

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I checked out this thread when horax started it last year, but it's been a while since I've check it. Wow! It's really popular. I have to leave for an afternoon gig in a couple of hours, and so I don't have time right now to read 300+ replies. I've got two more gigs this week after today, so I'll have to come back and do some more reading later...

But I wanted to finally post here. I've held off because I'm not an owner and so can't be a member. But I've held off even more so because I hadn't had a chance to have one in my hands until recently. It was as light as I expected it to be, given all the talk about it. My main concern/curiosity/whatever was about the neck. I've played other guitars with what I would call a hard V neck, and they didn't agree with me. So I have wondered about the neck on this BP signature. Well, it's a more comfortable V, is all I can say. I only had a few minutes with it in the store, but it felt okay to me. As for the stickiness, I didn't feel that, but then I probably didn't play it long enough for that to happen.

Anyway, cool guitar, although the finish and the pickguard aren't my thing. But I respect Brad Paisley as a player and as a person, so I've always had a good feeling about this one, and wanted it to succeed. Looks like it has.

horax likes this.
  8. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

You will always be welcome, AND an honorary member!

LGOberean likes this.
  9. nopicknick

nopicknick Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I am a recent club member too. This guitar certainly is interesting to say the least. What was awesome when I first played the guitar was the neck and the pickups. Actually the neck was a tad weird at first. Loved the size, but the taper on the bottom of the neck at first felt sharp or square. Not round and full like the top side where my thumb lapped over. Then all of a sudden once my hand adjusted a bit, it was extremely comfortable. Really strange...never had that "odd to perfect" transition before. The pickups were magic instantly. Already loved the twisted tele neck from previous guitars, but this bridge pickup is amazing. It is almost worth the whole price of admission.

The wood choice, and overall esthetics have me still alittle put off. Not a fan of sparkle finishes, and I am more of a purest when it come to species of wood. I have to admit it is growning on me though. I am almost at the opinion now that everything, whether quirky or not, just adds to the unique vibe of this guitar. I definitely do not care for the bare wood spots. That much I do know for sure. The finish checking would have been enough for me. I got this guitar for a pretty good price, and have a month to return it. Don't think that will happen though. The guitar is just too damn much fun to play.

10. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Nopicknick, I feel the same way about the "overall aesthetics." I'm not a fan of sparkle finishes, either, and I don't like the road worn/bare wood spots. But those are the only issues left for me. I love the simple, classic look of a traditional tele, but I'm no purist. I have a BSB with a swamp ash body, but my other teles are not traditional. So the wood choice of the BP signature isn't at all a problem for me. And now that I've finally had one in my hands, I can say the neck isn't a problem, either. The pickups certainly aren't an issue.

11. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Do you guys confirm the 5.5lbs weight on these? That's what I read somewhere.
    I've been looking for a 6lbs tele and this may be the one my back as been asking for...

12. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

I can't confirm a weight in numbers, but the one I played was feather light... as light as my Squier THINLINE tele...

And if the Paisley neck had 22 frets, I'd buy one. But I've decided I want 22 frets on my necks. The profile is awesome.

xjazzy likes this.
  13. Teleclasster

Teleclasster TDPRI Member

I got one on Wednesday and its 5 1/2 lbs. Great tele, plays and sounds better than I expected.

14. nopicknick

nopicknick Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I had a moment of insanity, and returned my BP last year. Went back a few days later after realizing my mistake, but it was gone. Regretted it ever since. Well this past week I fixed that mistake.

[​IMG]

BigD and horax like this.
  15. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got beat up pretty bad on Facebook over the first pic so I finally put new strings on this guitar and cleaned up the neck and fretboard. No problem just a damp cloth and water and voila just like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

wish I hadn't sold mine, but my bridge was installed off center and it buzzed like crazy.
    I am sure I'll grab another eventually. I'm loving my American Original 50's though.

BigD likes this.
  17. nikiavataria

nikiavataria NEW MEMBER!

Hey folks! I just picked one of these fun guitars up used. I’m wondering How to age it? How can I tell when it was made, the year, etc.

I was told the first run has some interesting differences in the custom Bridge pickup and I am curious about the age of mine.

I pulled off the stock PG and replaced with white pearl. Looks good!

Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.