Brad Paisley Silver Sparkle

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by golfnut, Jul 31, 2019.

1. joecool324

joecool324 TDPRI Member

I love my Paisley signature tele. The neck is great and so are the pickups. I'd definitely recommend it. Mine is light too at 5lbs 10 ounces; it is certainly very resonant and acoustically loud for its weight as well. If you want to know anything about one, ask away.

2. darren7

darren7 Tele-Holic

Maybe Brad gets $400 per guitar?

Fendereedo likes this.
  3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Just think if they had made that guitar exactly how it is - same wood, same weight, same neck , same pick ups (which I love) , even the worn bits but - had made it with a faded Paisley body and copying the deeper color of real old one - not the pink bubblegum of the MIJ‘s .

Considering they were wallpaper/contact paper when they first came out any good printing House could suss that pattern with the right colors for them

I’m guessing if they made both the silver sparkle and the paisley one the silver would outsell the paisley.

But I know I’d already own a paisley if they did it right - and cheap like the silver ones were when they came out.

teledude66 likes this.
  4. RickLafayette

RickLafayette TDPRI Member

I'm imagining that if they didn't destroy the body with a belt sander they would have sold twice as many BP models. That is the worst relicing job I've ever seen...and to have been done by Fender themselves.

smartsoul72 likes this.
  5. teledude66

teledude66 Friend of Leo's

I saw or read where he prefers maple necks, so that's one place he deviated from the original. I'm of two minds on that, I dig the maple, but I think the rosewood looks better, and only because I think the dark neck balances the silver better.

6. Jim603

Jim603 Tele-Meister

I was on the fence between the Roadworn and the Brad Paisely. The Roadworn is made from more desirable wood (though not necessarily better,) and I couldn't justify or even understand the price difference. I went with the Roadworn. The cowboy hat is what is keeping me from buying a BP neck and putting it on one of my other teles. It is a great neck, but I think I can find an equally good neck without a silly logo on it.

7. Clifton C

Clifton C Tele-Afflicted

I think the original paisley pattern from the 60s has been frustratingly difficult to replicate. There have been threads upon threads of who does the best job recreating this pattern.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.