Bought Vox VT40X on sale-some regrets

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by fred4321, Jun 26, 2020.

1. fred4321

fred4321 Tele-Meister

Hi,not really. I play mostly acoustic and electric guitar has been not my main interest until I bought my Tele which to me is a Wow factor. Love em!

Amps are an enigma to me, I've mostly had cheap practice amps, which I sold after I got my Yamaha THR10-but it is a bit limiting. I had a Pathfinder 15R-but didn't do it for me-too muddy (may have been that one) and I couldn't justify getting an extension cab.
    My major expenses have been my acoustics (high end). So not much budget for electric guitar amps.

Inspired by friends who have Highwatt/Fender or Blackstar high watt amps and cabs, I bought the Vox thinking it would give me an opportunity to check out different sounds that would help me in my quest to define my electric sound (or what simulated amp gives me the best versatility) and the attenuation.
    The amp sounds great but I'm put off by the preset system to 'hold' some of the great tones I dialed in. Really fiddly and counter intuitive to me- I don't use the presets in the THR as well and I don't connect it to a PC etc.

Oddly enough my old Champion 20 after playing around with this Vox seems more desirable at the moment. I just cant justify buying heaps of pedals etc. at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 5:01 PM
    nojazzhere likes this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I think I got the picture. I don't like constantly fiddling with controls, and that's probably why I didn't like the Vox modeler I had. I'm more of a simple, straightforward amp player. Give me a Vox AC 10 or PF 15R, or a Fender Princeton or Deluxe Reverb any day.
    Good luck in your quest.

3. fred4321

fred4321 Tele-Meister

My fav. Only wish it had a master volume switch and American Prices. $1600 au here (around $1200 US)

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.