boss tr-2 mod

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by vandycaster, Feb 21, 2015.

1. vandycaster

vandycaster TDPRI Member

wondering if and who any of you may have sent out your tremolo boss tr2s out for upgrading and what kinda results you got?? Mine has got a switch issue so i wanna send it out to either jhs or keeley or?????

2. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I had a Keeley and like the stock better.

3. steam-powered

steam-powered Tele-Meister

I've sent pedals to Analogman in the past for upgrades/mods with good results.

4. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

I have the Keeley modded. Not only is it a great tremolo but it can be used as a clean boost. Will always keep this pedal.......

5. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

6. TeleFool75

TeleFool75 Tele-Meister

I had the JHS mod done to mine and enjoyed it except for the one major issue I had. They put the new volume boost knob on the side right next to the input which gets in the way of patch cables and makes it had to adjust mid song if need be. I seriously sold it just for that reason. Got on my nerves one too many times

7. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

I've heard nothing but good things about the analogman mods. I have a tr-2 that I plan on sending to them eventually.

8. bo

bo Poster Extraordinaire

I have the Keeley mod and like it just fine. In fact it replaced my overall excellent Demeter Tremulator on my board because the Boss speed control has a more useful and tweakable sweep than the rather broad sweep of the Demeter, which means the "useful" (for me) part of the Demeter's sweep is quite small on the knob. It makes quick changes on gigs a bit easier. My only "issue"-not a big one-is that the new volume control doesn't actually add any volume. It only lets you attenuate the pedal volume so you can lower your overall volume when you engage the pedal...as if that's something someone ever looked for.

9. Johnnyseven

Johnnyseven TDPRI Member

I've had a TR2 with a Monte Allums mod for years and I love it. I have no memory of what the stock version sounds like or what is different, all I know is that this sounds great.

I actually had a Monte modded one a number of years ago, got besotted with another boutique tremolo and sold the TR2, fell out of love with the boutique pedal and bought another Monte TR2 and have never looked back. I particularly like the addition of a volume pot.

10. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

I did a diy mod a few years ago...don't remember exactly what it was...something to do with volume and cleaning it up? But it was easy and worked great.

11. Johnnyseven

Johnnyseven TDPRI Member

There's a simple mod where you snip the leg of one of the resistors (D7 rings a bell?), I think this is to solve the perceived volume drop of the old models - apparently this was resolved in later versions.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.