BOSS Phase Shifter PH-3

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by SensoryOverload, Dec 20, 2015.

1. SensoryOverload

SensoryOverload TDPRI Member

Bought this used for like $60 CAD about a year ago. It has many great features but I mostly just use it for simple clean swells and tones. Retail its like $180 I believe but IMO it's one of the best phasers on the market.

I made a demo video here if your not familiar:

What are your guys thoughts on it?

2. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

It's my least favourite of Boss' phaser pedals. It's digital and I think you can hear that in it's sound. Some of the modes are interesting but not very useful in any real world setting. I like the PH-1 and 1R very much but the PH-2 and PH-3 sound synthetic to me.

3. thecornman

thecornman Tele-Meister

I own one and think it is pretty cool and can cover a lot of ground with it, but it doesn't see much time on my band board where the PH-1r is my number one.

4. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

I've had one for a long time, The phasing has kind of a transistorized sound to it but is fun when you want some harsh phasing when combined with dirt pedals. Rarely use it since getting my old Small Stone which is much warmer and more pleasing both on it's own and combined with other pedals.

5. SensoryOverload

SensoryOverload TDPRI Member

Interesting, I agree in a sense that most dont have a practical use (particularly in a live setting)

Seems like you guys prefer the PH-1r, I've never even heard of that haha I'll have to look into it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.