Boss Katana Artist: Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by whoanelly15, Apr 17, 2019.

1. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Afflicted

I posted this in the Katana Owners club thread, but thought that it was more like to get a response from a knowledgeable party here. Thanks in advance.
    upload_2019-4-17_13-53-13.jpeg
    Here are the speaker Outs. From what I read in the specs, when connecting to a 16ohm extension cab, the 8ohm output jack (intended for in-built speaker) is disabled. If I want to play through the speaker in the amp and the speakers in the cab, can I plug the in-built speaker into the other 16ohm output jack?

Can’t find anything on the Waza G12w speaker to confirm. Everything I find says 8ohm. Thoughts?

Edit: double pic post

2. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

If you parallel an 8 ohm speaker and a 16, you have about a 5.3 ohm load. That may or may not be too low for the amp, you have to check the owner's manual, or contact Boss.

3. Muinarc

Muinarc Tele-Meister

The 8ohm jack is probably disabled for a reason. The amp probably isn't quite built to the specs to run both at the same time.

Tonetele likes this.
  4. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

If you have an 8 ohm speaker in there already could you get a 16 to install there ? Then you might be able to run another 16 in an external cab and run them both. From the looks of things that may be what the amp wants. But don't take my word for it, check it out first

5. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for the replies, everybody. Helpful already.

I figured that would work, and it’s no trouble to change the speaker, but I like the Waza speaker and would rather not have to replace it. Plus, i haven’t been able to confirm that the Waza can’t see 16ohms. There’s surprisingly little info on it.

But I would think that replacing the in-built Waza with a 16 ohm speaker and switching that cable into one of the 16ohm extension outputs, then running my 2x12 cab from the other would work. That’s plan B, for sure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.