Boss Hype

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by JuneauMike, Feb 4, 2021.

1. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

I have the Behringer and it does ’80s style hard rock rhythm sounds perfectly and you can pull a great singing lead tone as well. It is also very scupltable in terms of the tonal options. I really like it.

2. FrontPU

FrontPU Tele-Holic

He's been such a huge fan of Boss for decades and Boss GT-100 (not 1000) has been his favorite in the last few years; it's not very common a top pro like him to be so loyal to that mid end multi effects board.

3. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I don't even get the expensive Tone Bender thing.

Or the "vintage guitar" phenomenon, although I've been aware of it for decades.

On the other hand, I'm quite surprised not many people often go for "vintage" cables, picks and strings. I think I've seen someone sell old unused strings once.

4. somebodyelseuk

somebodyelseuk Tele-Meister

OMG, I hope not...
    My Dad had one when they first came out. We both tried it, decided it was crap and he flogged it a couple of montths later for about half what he paid...
    He gets depressed enough about selling his '62 Strat in '66 when he got married!

5. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Afflicted

I sold all my Boss and Ibanez pedals long ago at low prices, because I found them not that terrible... :confused:

I had an AD-9, a CP-9, a HM-2 and a BF-2, all bought new in the early/mid 80s AFAIK...

I should have wait until today for selling them !:oops::mad:;)

-tbln.

6. Squawker

Squawker Tele-Holic

That would be Norwegian Black Metal rather than Swedish Death Metal :p Kristian "Varg" Vikernes (Count Grishnackh) killed his ex-friend and bandmate in Mayhem, Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth. This was after they'd burnt down a few Norwegian stave churches together and performed various other unsavoury deeds.

Vikernes was also the man behind behind Burzum.

So glad I jumped the metal ship when thrash came along.....

dlew919 likes this.
  7. Pixies2005

Pixies2005 Tele-Meister

This movie gives an interesting account of that story

I picked up a HM-2 about 12 years ago due to the MBV connection. I remember it being fun.
    Been on the lookout for a cheap one for the last year, obviously the wrong time to be doing so.

dlew919 likes this.
  8. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

Think of it this way, much if that music would sound totally different if it weren't for the HM-2.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.