Boss "Dimension C" reissue

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by scout2112, Dec 18, 2018.

1. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

I remember these being pretty cool back in the day, but quite expensive. Kind of like a chorus without the wide sweeping. Now Boss is reissuing them, and they're probably still quite expensive. I'm not sure when they're hitting the street but I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for one.

Danjabellza likes this.
  2. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

This was available (in digital form) for a while on the DigiTech Expression Factory pedal. I liked it but found it to be a single sound that soon grew boring to me as a player. For certain tunes in a band context, it might work for me, but not as a foundational sound. So I liked it, and didn't like it.

3. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

That pedal show did a whole episode on the reissue vs original dimension C and dimension D. It was actually pretty interesting.

Piotr and Paul in Colorado like this.
  4. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Tele-Afflicted

The Dimension C reissue is from the Waza series. It's an excellent pedal but you have to ask yourself if you really want to use this kind of effect.
    For me this pedal has come too late in the game as I already own a Keeley 30ms which I won't replace...

JayFreddy and FenderGyrl like this.
  5. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

The was the secret chorus of many great players in the early 90's... one of the secrets is "all buttons off" for something very subtle... ala Brent Mason. Nice to see they have re-issued this one... maybe it will bring the cost of the originals down a little - where they should be ;)

For those into technology... Line 6 has a model of the original Dimension D, it's standard on the HD series and in the Helix (HX) Line it's available under the legacy effects. It's a fabulous emulation, I use it as my go to chorus.

6. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

I really like this tone much more than a standard chorus.

7. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

why not reissue the hm-2 and hyper fuzz instead? prices on both are climbing steadily on ebay and reverb.

8. tweedtone

tweedtone Tele-Afflicted

TC has a Toneprint of the Dimension D for their Corona Chorus.

9. tweedtone

tweedtone Tele-Afflicted

TC also has a nice clone, the 3rd Dimension.

10. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

I have an original DC-2, and got the DC-2W a couple weeks ago. Not sure which one I will keep. The 'all buttons off' mode on the original still sounds best to me but I like the stereo in and out on the 2W, and it sounds great. It's purpose is nothing to build a base tone around, but better as a 'finishing' effect to me. This is the 'air' that SRV added at the mastering stage.

11. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I have an original DC-2. What is the "all buttons off" trick? How do you do it?

12. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Don't press any of the buttons in, but turn the pedal on by stepping on it.

scout2112 likes this.
  13. Paul in Colorado

OK. One is always down, but I guess you can get them all up. Never thought of trying that before.

14. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

When you lightly push a switch it will release the current one before engaging itself. Just don't push hard enough to engage it.

15. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

What do the buttons do, briefly? I watched that Pedal Show video, they explained it but I missed what they said.
    They did a decent job showing that it is different than a chorus pedal.

16. Paul in Colorado

They change the presets. There are four settings rather then knobs. I guess five if you don't push them in. :cool:

17. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Really want one of these for the barely there Dimension-D SDD320 setting. I used to lust after those when we would take one in on trade. The only reason I dont like chorus on anything but delay trails is the sweeping. These give you the huge stereo image and no annoying swoosh.. My next music purchase for sure.

“Dear Santa,......”

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  18. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

^no swoosh, ah. Couldn't put my finger on why it sounds different yet similar..

4pickupguy likes this.
  19. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

I have the previous-gen Behringer clone, in a black plastic sort-of-Boss enclosure. It has more recently be repackaged as the TC Tweedtone posted above. I A/Bed it years ago with a real original DC-2 and the Behringer held up pretty well, certainly "close enough" considering it cost about $35 new. I never should have sold the DC-2, though.

I think I'm going to put the Behringer on my upcoming acoustic pedalboard, where its plastic case won't get abused. Also, I'm trying not to think about the Waza DC-2.

20. Chikubi

Chikubi TDPRI Member

I’ll probably pick one up soon. I had an original that I bought new when I was in HS, but it got lost in the shuffle over the years.

Ironically, I wasn’t a guitar player at the time. Instead, I used it to fatten up my synths’ pads and add air to bell-type patches as well. Throwing this on a good string pad is glorious, so if you have synths too, try it.

So funny I never realized how classic a thing I owned at the time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.