Boss CP-1X Compressor Pedal

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
First I'm going to thank all of the members that responded to my asking about your personal experience with compressors, I learned that many of us use many different compressors, and are happy with the varieties available.
Thank You all very much , thought despite all the positive feedback I had a debilitating case of options anxiety , so many choices, oh, oh, oh, oh, what to do what to do , what if I choose the wrong on or I ... you get the point .
I've never had a Boss pedal break , well never isn't over yet but after 5 decades of Boss products not one has ever broken .
I purchased the Boss CP-1X Compressor Pedal plugged it in before the Bogner Uberschall pedal and hit record. It was dead quite and functioned perfectly on my guitar
so all of that panic ( over a compressor pedal , Karen please it's not like you were trying to buy a new Delay pedal, or a Klon Copy , just take your anxiety meds, that's what they are for, enough with the drama,please.) was for not.

happy happy happy .jpg

noname_dragon

Tele-Holic
Great comp and the only one I use now, very true to your guitar sound, and variable from soft limiting to squeezey. I also have the the bass version BC-1X which is very fine as well.

TomBrokaw

Tele-Holic
Great comp and the only one I use now, very true to your guitar sound, and variable from soft limiting to squeezey. I also have the the bass version BC-1X which is very fine as well.
Have you tried putting a bass through the CP-1X? I'm in the market for a compressor and it's between the CP-1X and an MXR Studio76/87. The latter is the same except for electronics so I'm confident it would work for either instrument, but the 1Xs are supposed to be voiced for each instrument, whatever that means.

Could the CP-1X do it all? Or either one of the 1Xs for that matter?

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
I’ve used the CP-1X with bass and it’s great.

The Boss “X” pedals employ their multi-dimensional processing, aka “MDP”. With the CP-1X it’s like having a multi-band compressor that adjusts to your playing in real time.

It’s an amazing, flexible compressor pedal. One of the best in my experience.