Bored with my Excelsior Pro time to go

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
I never see these pop up locally anymore, but I'd love to get my hands on one. Preferably with the switch already turned into a knob. When they were plentiful, I lacked the money. But I'm a fan of 15s and the tremelo sounds good on em. They aren't as loud as everything else I've touched that runs a 15, but that's ok. Very cool amps.
It's weird, people don't like shipping these or other slightly taller than "normal" combos (sf musicmaster bass comes to mind) from Reverb. Lots of local pickup only.

Dadzmad

Tele-Meister
the Excelsior Pro has turned out to be my favorite amp but I can see why someone would want something else as it is "different". I just like the twin 6V6 design, the stock switch/combination of inputs, along with the presence of the Emi 1518 (very nice outside for a single speaker). Mine has a pair of Sylvania Green Leafs for power and a pair of Svetlanas for the preamp. I believe that a thousand of each color were sold in North America so they are not really all that common.

I am sure you will make somebody's day Red Ryder.

sorry if I have posted this before to anyone's annoyance (got this one shopworn with a small ding for $250 delivered back when they were discontinued from a store in Oklahoma)

IwjGlBs.jpg

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
I never see these pop up locally anymore, but I'd love to get my hands on one. Preferably with the switch already turned into a knob. When they were plentiful, I lacked the money. But I'm a fan of 15s and the tremelo sounds good on em. They aren't as loud as everything else I've touched that runs a 15, but that's ok. Very cool amps.
It's weird, people don't like shipping these or other slightly taller than "normal" combos (sf musicmaster bass comes to mind) from Reverb. Lots of local pickup only.
They're heavy for the size. I put what I consider a fair price on mine and don't mind driving a little if someone was willing to meet. Shipping could be pretty expensive and like others I just want to watch my dollars plus it's cool to have something you can actually put your hands on before you throw down the cash.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
the Excelsior Pro has turned out to be my favorite amp but I can see why someone would want something else as it is "different". I just like the twin 6V6 design, the stock switch/combination of inputs, along with the presence of the Emi 1518 (very nice outside for a single speaker). Mine has a pair of Sylvania Green Leafs for power and a pair of Svetlanas for the preamp. I believe that a thousand of each color were sold in North America so they are not really all that common.

I am sure you will make somebody's day Red Ryder.

sorry if I have posted this before to anyone's annoyance (got this one shopworn with a small ding for $250 delivered back when they were discontinued from a store in Oklahoma)

IwjGlBs.jpg
From what I read 800 total for north America and when they come up they go fast.