Bootstrap plug

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by bls82261, Nov 10, 2020.

1. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Afflicted

I got a set of Original Reciptes for christmas. Not I just need to put them in something. Eventually I'll get to it. For now I need to finish everything else I have going.

bls82261, emisilly and mkdaws32 like this.
  2. stratman1969

stratman1969 TDPRI Member

Bought a set of Pablo Duros for my CV50s Tele converted to 1960s VB Tele. Super pickups at an unbeatable price.

bls82261 likes this.
  3. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

We truly live in wonderful times. There are any number of great pickup makers to choose from. Ryan at Bootstrap has made that irrelevant for me, though, because I got such great service (and a spectacularly good product) that I will go straight to him for any more I might need.

emisilly, bls82261, BB and 1 other person like this.
  4. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Yep - me too. The wait times are getting a little longer, because I think they are getting busier and better known/respected by the day, if not by the hour. But I'll happily wait as long as I need for my next set.

Dan German, emisilly and bls82261 like this.
  5. timeconsumer

timeconsumer TDPRI Member

Funny you mention that, because I posted this review only 5 minutes ago. :D

JRapp and mkdaws32 like this.
  6. JRapp

JRapp Tele-Holic

In the last 6 months, I have bought 10 Bootstrap pickups of various types, including custom winds. All very good, as good as anything out there.

mkdaws32 and bls82261 like this.
  7. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

I have the Original Recipe set in a Squier Thinline, and I'm totally crazy for the neck pickup... it's perfect. I like the bridge a lot too, but can't help thinking I might've preferred the new Extra Crispy.

It's always something, right?

emisilly and mkdaws32 like this.
  8. puddin

puddin Tele-Afflicted

i have the original recipe in my esquire..bee's knees best...a good amp, will get you what ever he winds..cheer's

bls82261 and mkdaws32 like this.
  9. mkdaws32

Ah - you got me beat. I only got 8 in the last 6 months, including 3 custom wound Strat pickups. ;)

bls82261, emisilly and JRapp like this.
  10. swampash

swampash TDPRI Member

Another happy customer here. Ryan is very customer focused. I have (2) sets and think they sound great!. One is the 54 Vintage Pro set. Low wind sounds chimey and somewhere between a Fender CS 69 and 57/62 set to my ears. Highly recommended. The other is the Bootstrap Buckers Vintage Cleans. I have the A2 version. I have them in a Les Paul style guitar and they staying there.

11. timeconsumer

timeconsumer TDPRI Member

What custom winds are you guys ordering?

12. mkdaws32

@timeconsumer. I ordered a custom wound Strat set based on the Golden Ale set. I had Ryan wind the neck and middle pickups a little hotter (about 1K hotter) to match the output of my Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pickups in another Strat. I also had him wind the bridge extra hot (around 9.5K) to boost the output of the bridge position and reduce the brightness (i.e. reduce the "ice pick"). Great custom wound set for a classic rock bridge tone an bluesy neck/middle tones!

13. berzirk

berzirk TDPRI Member

I was realllllllly skeptical when I saw the price...(although I do love my GFS Mean 90's in my 335) so decided that I could "afford" the experiment. Pulled the trigger on the Palo Duros. I'm super impressed. Ryan answered my email very quickly. I dropped these into a partscaster (warmoth body and boatneck)
    Have a few weeks on them and have played through a '64DR, Carmen Ghia, and a LilDawg Champster. These pickups cover a lot of ground and IMHO do it well. Super twang, nice "woody" neck pup sound and also great cranked. I've paid a lot (I mean a lot) more for pick ups and I'm not sure I will again. I think this is a solid pickup and the price cannot be beat. Well done

Dan German, El Tele Lobo and mkdaws32 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.