Bootstrap Pickups.

ponycar

Tele-Meister
Years ago I bought a copy paper box full of pickups out of vintage Fenders and Gibsons. PAFs, P90s, Strat Tele, Mustang. I put them in countless guitars.. I have also had many different boutique pickups.
I have no idea how a traditionally wound and crafted pickup could be better than these Bootstraps that I just bought.. Outstanding pickups.
Traditional pickups are simple things. The quality of these small maker pickups is outstanding.

Michael A.

Tele-Afflicted
I bought a custom wound hot bridge with a hot Strat neck pickup to go in my Johnson Tele. Ryan selected the neck to match the output of the bridge. With a 4-way switch, I now have a Tele, a Strat and a (almost) LP in one guitar. Best customer service I've experienced! I still have a Strat set from a special offer they did on Ebay a couple years back that need to get installed. I'm sure they'll sound just as nice as these.

IMG_20220115_151125794_HDR.jpg

Fearnot

Poster Extraordinaire
Very pleased with my A3 Original Recipe set. So pleased that I bought an A3 Vintage Clean humbucker for my SG's neck position... even happier with that. Nice pickups, period.

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
Without a doubt, the best value out there. I have ordered a variety of different sets including custom winds and I have been happy with every one of them. I specifically love the Palo Duro's and the screwdriver P-90's Alnico 2's.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I'm wrangling parts for my next build, and it'll have Bootstraps in it.
Palo Duro neck and Pretzel bridge.
Found a WD Tele neck with an ebony fingerboard.
Here's a pic of the body (in transit):
1643664897136.png

One look at the body and I had to have it.
Also ordered Haggard style black pearl pickguard.
Hardware will be chrome. Thought about black, but too many different "blacks" to match. Plus it scratches.
Will post thread when it's done - probably in March sometime.

Anyway, Bootstraps are the best! Affordable, quality product, and handmade in a garage in Ohio by a fellow entrepreneur.
What's not to love???

I've put Sun City Sparkles in a G&L Tribute Legacy and they brought it to life.
Linda Lou, my beloved thinline parscaster, has one of their Hot P90s in the neck and a Pretzel in the bridge.
Very satisfied with all.

oyobass

Tele-Meister
I have a set of '54 Vintage Pro pickups in a Monoprice Indio Classic strat. Even with the stock pickups, it sounded and played much better than the price would suggest. With the bootstraps in, it went to a whole new level!

I wanted a meatier set to put in a David Gilmour Black Strat replica I'm building, so I contacted Bootstrap. They make a Gilmour (not listed on the website) set in two versions- one authentic except they use their stock wire to wind them, and for $20 more, they use the same gauge and insulation material as well as the same flatwork as Gilmour's Strat.

I ordered the set with the authentic wiring. It should be here soon!

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'm wrangling parts for my next build, and it'll have Bootstraps in it.
Palo Duro neck and Pretzel bridge.
Found a WD Tele neck with an ebony fingerboard.
Here's a pic of the body (in transit):
View attachment 946798
One look at the body and I had to have it.
Also ordered Haggard style black pearl pickguard.
Hardware will be chrome. Thought about black, but too many different "blacks" to match. Plus it scratches.
Will post thread when it's done - probably in March sometime.

Anyway, Bootstraps are the best! Affordable, quality product, and handmade in a garage in Ohio by a fellow entrepreneur.
What's not to love???

I've put Sun City Sparkles in a G&L Tribute Legacy and they brought it to life.
Linda Lou, my beloved thinline parscaster, has one of their Hot P90s in the neck and a Pretzel in the bridge.
Very satisfied with all.
You'll have "my" set in that......I experimented with several Bootstrap models, and all were good.....but my favorites were the Palo Duro neck and Pretzel bridge. I have that combination in both my highly modified 1993 Made in Korea Fender Squier Telecaster and my self-assembled 2019 Tele-styled partscaster.....both with reverse slant bridges. Those two pickups are perfectly balanced.