Bootstrap Pickups Incoming!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by El Tele Lobo, Oct 18, 2019.

1. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

I've been wanting a change from the pickups in on of my Teles. I have never really bonded with the overly warm and bloomy neck pickup and the bridge may get transplanted to another guitar.

After looking around for awhile at various sets/specs, I finally decided to give Bootstrap a try. I've heard nothing but great things about them and I'm excited to support a rising independent winder.

I messaged Ryan using the chat feature on his website and he responded promptly to answer my questions. His order process was seamless and straightforward, too.

Looking forward to getting these in to breathe new life into one of my teles. I find that, sadly, there's a dearth of demo videos on Bootstrap Pickups, so I plan to record one myself. It won't be anything fancy or studio quality, as I'm not set up for that, but hopefully it will showcase his pickups nicely for the Bootstrap-curious. More soon...

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

You didn't mention what set you have coming. I've been using a set of his Palo Duro pickups, and I'm real happy, but I'm gonna try a set of Pretzel Pups in a new Tele I'm building right now. I will likely be pleased with them, but if I'm not, I'll go to another set of Palo Duros. I've found dealing with Ryan to be a real pleasure.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  3. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

I have a Pretzel set in one of my Teles. Just great pickups. Has anyone tried the new Serrano humbuckers he now makes?

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

Oh, truuuuue...I'm getting the Palo Duro set. I was thinking about getting the neck underwound to about 6k, but decided to try his stock set first.

He seems like a swell guy. Glad to throw some business his way.

nojazzhere, navigate40 and preactor like this.
  5. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

They're great pick ups.

I have their P90s (Jazz Masterish ) in an EPI SG,
    And some Oatmeal Stouts in my 94 Strat.

Probably some of the most distinct PUPS out there at this time here in the States. They just have a great complex tone.
    I love em'
    FG

lineboat, El Tele Lobo and nojazzhere like this.
  6. El Tele Lobo

Received these a day or two ago and got them in last night. They came neatly packaged in a personalized box...a nice added touch.

FDA666FE-99EF-4281-9E4B-88A9AA9EEE44.jpeg 2CC4299E-6D86-495C-9095-28E5D54EE235.jpeg 40609174-4685-4FD7-B412-A8A7DDA9E7BE.jpeg

0E571857-F0A0-40A1-A13E-13AE116EFE0F.jpeg

F8FD383A-DA88-4EF7-8897-2145BE7F10BD.jpeg

emisilly, lineboat and BB like this.
  7. El Tele Lobo

Ryan happily answered my questions and accommodated my requests. Build quality is excellent. These are very nice pickups.

Only had a few minutes with them before work today but really liked what I heard. Hope to do more fine adjusting and playing tonight and tomorrow. A demo video will follow soon that will hopefully do them justice.

BB likes this.
  8. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats on a fine set of pickups from a most excellent winder. How Ryan does it is beyond me, but I hope he keeps it up (at least until I have some cash to get a few other pickups!) so others have the opportunity to experience the excellent service and commitment to tone he offers. I won't even mention the below bargain basement tone to price he offers. Oooops!

lineboat and El Tele Lobo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.