Bootstrap Pickups Closed to NEW Orders

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
Happy Ryan is doing well. I love my Pretzels and wouldn't trade them for anything. I do want to try a set of Palo Duro's though.
Yes. Yes, you do. I have two Teles with Palo Duro sets in them, and I am extremely happy with both sets. I did a 4-way switching mod with them both, and they sound great in both the parallel and series modes. 👍

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
I don't have any projects in the pipeline at this moment, but I am thinking of buying a couple of sets for future builds. If it takes 6 months or so, so be it.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

for sure, modern players tend to want hot dark pickups that are nothing like the brighter vintage Fender pickups used on all the classic recordings.

I get the sense that these days, there are a bazillion guitars players who mostly or only play at home. The so-called bedroom player. Nothing wrong with that / not casting aspersions - just seems to be a demographic reality. Reduce it to percentages, I average out that way myself.

I’ve read claims in the past that these folks tend to like their amps set warm / buy warmer amps / maybe even influence amp design towards warmer tones / regularly get stumped & need advice when they do play with others as to why their lovely warm guitar tone disappears into the background* / etc.

These seem to be not unreasonable claims and observations. Probably true in many cases or to some fair degree.

I don’t have the experience to know, but on the assumption that it’s true modern pickups are mostly on the warm side compared to older ones, perhaps modern pickup offerings reflect, at least in part, the demand on the market made by this demographic?

Pax/
Dean
* I don’t quite remember the first time my guitar went “whoosh, see ya!” and sped off into the mix, but I’m pretty sure it was when I stepped on a pedal thinking it would, just like at home, make things louder

John_B

Tele-Meister
I understand each of you. I have just formed my personal opinion thru my trial and error. I do prefer a higher wound/more midrange tone but that is just me. I have found two SD and two Bootstrap bridge pups that,to my ears, are far better than any modern Fender pup. Again this my opinion and I am not out to trash anybody's choice. We all have a Tele and a good amp but none are the same with each and all of us. We have found our pickup but we found it using our specific Tele and amp. Our ears are not the same.March on, we have found our individual tone!