Bootstrap (bridge) pickup incoming!!!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by El Tele Lobo, Aug 1, 2021.

1. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Got my shipping notification yesterday. Ordered one with A3 magnets and overwound (9.5k)… Kind of like Rob’s Cavalier Nocaster…but a Bootstrap. Excited!

Bruxist, BB, TokyoPortrait and 7 others like this.
  2. JRapp

JRapp Tele-Holic

I haven't used one of their Tele bridge pickups, but I have a custom wind neck pickup that sounds great.

PhredE and El Tele Lobo like this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

Cool! Tell me about it.

4. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Dang! You must be up to something... new pedals, new pickups...

Do I see a new amp in your future?

Maybe a partscaster to put the pickup in?

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  5. Tele-Meister

Tele-Meister Tele-Meister

Damn, awesome! That was the bridge pickup I was looking into to as well. I got the Planet Tone Original 51. Same specs as that, just measures around 10.13 Kohms, don't have a tele to put it into, so I can't wait to hear how it sounds when I do get one!

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. El Tele Lobo

Just upgrades and slaying of the G.A.S. monster.

I’m pretty happy with my 5F1 clone. I would love to try an AlNiCo speaker in it, but I would have to change or reposition the baffle as the current position would put the speaker up against my tubes. So I’m sticking with the ceramic Jupiter that’s in there.

Actually, planning to do some serious woodshedding in the coming year. I also signed up for a semester of jazz guitar lessons which start in a couple weeks.

I’ve spent years tinkering and building… It’s time to learn how to play the doggone things!

7. El Tele Lobo

Sorry…Tried to quote you in the previous reply above that something went wrong. Also, the pickup is going in an existing partscaster that I refinished a couple years ago. It has a Cavalier Fat Lion king in the neck and a Cavalier Nashville in the bridge. It’s going to replace the Nashville.

Fretting out likes this.
  8. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Poster Extraordinaire

Cool, I hope they're what you are looking for. I also ordered the same pickups in June and I've waited patiently for some kind of notification.

Just an update, Ryan pm from Bootstrap and advise me most likely my pickups have been shipped but my notification could've gone to spam and he could help with my order tracking information. I thought that was quite nice of him to do that.
    I just checked my order and they have been shipped on July 28th which makes me excited to know they are on their way. I will definitely post some sound samples once they're installed and dialed in.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    El Tele Lobo likes this.
  9. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've mentioned here before, but for many years, I didn't care for Tele bridge pickups on their own....only in combination with a neck p/up. When I finally tried a Bootstrap Pretzel bridge, it was a revelation. It is a bit "hotter" than many bridge p/ups, but it's the closest thing to a P-90 sound I've come across. (and that's a GOOD thing) After trying several different combinations of Bootstrap offerings, my preferred set is the Pretzel in the bridge, and Palo Duro in neck.
    ENJOY!!!!! ;)

10. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

I have the Extra Crispy set in my MIJ 50s / blackguard styled Tele. They sound flippin' juicily fan-uber-tastic.* The bridge is A3 and 7.5K, so slightly overwound. It's earthy and rich and full, but still with that bridge thing going on.

Me too. My recent rotary speaker emulating pedal is partly that, if I'm being honest. Other adventures afoot too, but not ready to reveal yet...

Pax/
    Dean
    * to my ears anyway - let's not forget it's all subjective

BB, zippofan and El Tele Lobo like this.
  11. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I love the Extra Crispy set I just installed in a parts-o-tele, eBay body, Mighty Mite neck, Gotoh 3 titanium saddle bridge. The "sound" of A3 hit me when I got a custom Zhangbucker Tele neck no cover in A3, 7K in my Ibanez Talman and it's great. When I started building the parts guitar I went for the A3 Extra Crispy and they're awesome.

BB and El Tele Lobo like this.
  12. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I love my Pretzel bridge and it’s overwound, as well (although it’s an A5 magnet pickup).

I think you will be really happy. I just got an Extra Crispy set, as well, but the Tele it’s going in is not finished.

El Tele Lobo and nojazzhere like this.
  13. JRapp

JRapp Tele-Holic

It's a covered neck pickup with A5 magnets and wound to about 9.3K. It's beefy but clear. Matches well with the JD in the bridge. I've been through a couple dozen neck pickups in this '86 '52 AVRI (vintage, P90s, CCs, minis, etc) and this one is a keeper.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  14. El Tele Lobo

Nice! I like an overwound neck pickup for warmth. My fave is the Cavalier Fat Lion King...with the Bootstrap Palo Duro a close second.

15. El Tele Lobo

I need to link in the video I shot for this. Really like it and it pairs well with the Cavalier Fat Lion King.

I liked it so much, I ordered a full A3 set to replace my A5 Palo Duros. Have a 7.4K bridge and a 9k neck coming. Bootstrap rocks!

emisilly likes this.
  16. John_B

John_B Tele-Meister

Been playing my new Extra Crispy bridge all week long. Man, what an awesome A3 pickup this is. Jeez, this thing kicks a$$!

emisilly and El Tele Lobo like this.
  17. El Tele Lobo

Here's the demo I recorded with my new custom A3 Bootstrap bridge pickup. Demo starts at 6:27. Playing at around 6:53.

I demo it alone and it parallel and series with the Fat Lion King neck. It's niiiiiiiice! Looking forward to the next A3 set coming soon for another tele...going to swap them in in place of a set of Palo Duros.

I have another video on my channel where I demo the Nashville, Nashville/Fat Lion King combos if you want to see that for comparison.

Bruxist and emisilly like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.