1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Boot Hill 5E3 kit

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by motoputz, Oct 25, 2014.

1. motoputz

motoputz TDPRI Member

I just received my boot hill 5e3 kit and am in the process off gathering the rest of my materials for cabinet, speakers, etc.
    I'm debating 2x10's or 1x12" at the moment, I like both!
    I ordered the 5e3 with the;
    "Aficionado options:"
    *22uF F&T Electrolytic Filter Caps
    **Sprague Orange Drop Coupling (aka DC Blocking) Capacitors

anybody out there build this particular kit?
    any pictures of the board layout or links to a build?
    any advice you would give a guy for this?
    thanks
    m

2. BartS

BartS Friend of Leo's

Dave from boothill posts all day in the shock brothers Diy section. His forum name is hackworth. Do a search in shock brothers for 5e3 and there will be like 1000 threads with tons of step by step pics. 70 percent of those will be Bootihill kits. A lot of the threads they will be trouble shooting almost any problem you could have so read through them. Good call on the F&T and good film caps. Makes a world of difference.

You can also google 5e3 layout for the layout and 5e3 schematics for the schematics.

3. chipwich

chipwich Tele-Meister

One of the nice things about the tweed deluxe is how light it is and how resonate the cabinet is. With that in mind, I would stick with the proven formula of a 1x12, especially if this is your first one.

4. SonnyboyAmps

SonnyboyAmps NEW MEMBER!

I'm new to this site...signed in today. I've just received my 1st. Boothill 5e3 kit and I'm looking for a really good set of step by step pics...maybe hd so i can zoom in w/o degrading pixels...any suggestions, btw..the Boothill people respond when you need help...that's good business!

5. Duke

Duke Tele-Meister

+1 on the single 12". I put a Weber Vintage Series Ceramic 150 in mine and I love it. I love the spank ceramic magnets gets with this amp.

6. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

welcome guys. be sure to post lots of pictures no matter what skill level you are.. as i am learning. not brave enough to build one yet. but each build i read on here. i do see a champ down the road i think.

chris.

7. adkima00

adkima00 Tele-Afflicted

I have a boothill 5e3. It was my first build. My advise would be to check and double check everything as you go. If you have a question, post it with lots of pics. There are some amazing resources here that are very willing to help us noobs. This is an incredible amp. My #1 for sure...

Good luck and have fun!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.