Boogie lovers dept.

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Big John, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

Did any of you take advantage of the MF and GC Mesa Boogie close-out sale when their contract ended?

I traded a NIB Royal Atlantic RA100 (an extra from the close-out) for this barely-used Mark V. :D

[​IMG]

2. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

I haven't seen a single snakeskin Road King combo on this whole thread!

F50, TA15, Mini Rec 25

3. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

Mesa F50 here, had it about 6 months now and gig with it regularly. It has taken me a while to get it dialled in and i'm still not there 100% but getting closer. Loud as hell and takes pedals really well too, including the Mesa Throttle box i've just bought.
    [​IMG]

4. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

image.jpeg . THis is my Mesa Express 5:50 Plus, it a 2015, I've had it a year and it's just th best amp I've ever used. It's British Cabernet with Tan Grille Cloth, they guitars are my Baja desert sand and a PRS SE custom 24 30th anniversary !

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Here are mine:

IMG_4830edit.JPG IMG_4829edit.JPG

Top: TA-15 bought new in 2010.

Bottom: TA-30 Just got this one (used) last July.

Speaker Cab: Mesa Boogie "Widebody" speaker cabinet (3/4 closed back) loaded with a single 12" Celestion C90 Black Shadow speaker.

I also used to own a Rect-O-Verb 50 but it started to have issues, so I traded it in for the TA-15.

I love both my TransAtlantic amps and I feel like my search for the perfect amp(s) - as close as possible anyway - is finally over!

`

6. brogh

brogh Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Count me in !!!

My little corner of paradise :)

small.jpg

7. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

I just picked up a used Ta15 a couple days ago....I bought it for the Vox tones and WOW what a versatile amp! The Marshall tone is different from my JMP, I love the BF Fender cleans, and the smooth Mesa!
    The Vox circuits do exactly what I hoped. I have a bunch of great amps and now I have one more.
    Glad to be in this club! Woohoo.

brogh likes this.
  8. dennisl59

dennisl59 TDPRI Member

Proud owner of a brand new Mesa Lonestar 100 watt head, playing though a PRS Big Mouth Cabinet with 2, V30 Celestions. Incredible power.

9. djwood

djwood TDPRI Member

Contrats! Welcome to the Lone Star Club! :cool:

10. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

This is my $200 Rocket 440. The only thing not working was the small Reverb tank, so I modded it for a full size tank. Had it about 7 years and did install a new set of JJ tubes. I have a lot of amps and keep coming back to this one. Platefire
    IMG_20151113_163946.jpg

RevBillyG likes this.
  11. Pokerstar

Pokerstar TDPRI Member

I have a Ta-30 with 2-12's and (other than having to schlep all 65 pounds of it) I really love the sound!

[​IMG]

12. Tone Chase

Tone Chase Tele-Meister

I have a heavy weight Mesa Boogie F-100, light weight Mini Rec 25, and V-Twin Mesa twin tube pedal. All are versatile, all are worth having. All have the ability to play clean, mean, in-between, and extreme.

I may sell the V-Twin pedal eventually. I bought the pedal years before the Mesa amps came into my life. I can play the F-100 with headphones; the V-Twin pedal as well. The V-Twin can be played straight through a P.A. or to a recording device.

13. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I am back in the Mesa club again. Sold my Mark III blue stripe right before the holidays to help fiance my Marshall Bluesbreaker. I wanted to eventually replace that the Mark III with a vintage Mark I anyway.

Could not find a vintage Mark I for what I wanted to pay, so I settled on a Mark I RI to hold me over.

So far I am liking the overdrive on this amp way better than my Mark III and better than the Mark IIB that I previously owned. I do miss the great cleans on that old IIB though.

I really liked all three my Mark series amps. They all had the own quirks and good tones.

This Mark I RI is going to be a good grab-and-go amp that does not require pedals, and is much easier to dial-in than the IIB or III.

This is especially good now that I am jamming more with friends and the fact that my old band may be getting back together again.

Plus, I love the white/cream tolex and wheat colored grill. See the picture with my Tele.

IMG_4417.JPG IMG_4411.JPG IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4432.JPG IMG_4435 - Copy.JPG

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Lef T and Tone Chase like this.
  14. mrmousey

mrmousey Tele-Meister

MKIIIB here. Kinda heavy, but I get good comments about my tone when I use it. A bit of a challenge sometimes getting it dialed in due to the plethora of controls and possible adjustments, but when you hit the sweet spot it is Sweet indeed !! This is true for both cleans and overdrive sounds. No pedalboard needed. Just the Tele (or Strat) of my choice, a cord, and the MKIII is all I need for Tonal Nirvana.

gridlock likes this.
  15. gridlock

Just traded a guitar for a Mark IIB, it's had some abuse but sounds really good. Going to try to get it looking good again.

[​IMG]

JamGuy541 and rebelwoclue like this.
  16. gridlock

Got the new to me '82 Mark IIB cleaned up today.

Still needs slider knobs for the EQ and I want to buy a EVM-12L for this amp.

Got a picture of the amp next to my Mark1 RI.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Allthesound and snottyboy like this.
  17. snottyboy

snottyboy Tele-Meister

I kinda like it a little road worn. Got me a blonde/wicker IIA that shows a little wear as well. I think it responds better with a little experience!

gridlock likes this.
  18. gridlock

Right now, I think that I like the IIB a little better than the RI. I have two EVM-12L's on the way (one for each amp).

I think that the Mark I needs some new tubes to sound its best.

snottyboy likes this.
  19. snottyboy

snottyboy Tele-Meister

Will be interested to know how that ends up for you after your tweaks. Do you like the drive channel on your current IIB better than your old blue one...I remember you toiled over that.

gridlock likes this.
  20. gridlock

Yes, this amps'drive is much better than the blue IIB. I did like the cleans a little better on the blue IIB. Also the last blue IIB was a Simul-class model with no EQ. I never used or liked the tone of that amp set to 15 watts.

I think that I prefer the 100/60'watts options on this amp better and the addition of the EQ is a plus. I do not miss the Reverb on the blue IIB, my Catalinbread Topanga Reverb pedal sounds great with this amp.

I like the IIB so much I want to get the cab recovered and a new grill to match the original colors etc.

Next step is to get the Mark 1RI sounding good. It is just very flat sounding as compared to the IIB.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    snottyboy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.