1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bonamassa “Guitar Man” documentary announced

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by igor5, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roman4405

Roman4405 Tele-Meister

I don’t get the “no soul” argument. I’ve watched plenty of his live videos, doesn’t look like he phoning it in to me. Doesn’t sound like it either, I guess being a middle aged white guy with a happy marriage, a good paying job and no addictions might mean I don’t have enough “Blues Cred” to know the difference though.

Every time I hear the “no soul” or “robot” argument it sounds like people just recycling a criticism they read on the interwebz one time. I’m not gonna hate people for having an opinion though, that’s what we do here, have different opinions...even if yours are wrong.

2. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

How about this: consider your own personal annual income, and how many guitars and amplifiers you currently own. Next, divide Joe Bonamassa's annual income by yours; take that number, and multiply it by the guitars and amplifiers you personally own.

Now, consider that he is a collector and aficionado, so he is probably going to have a stronger interest than most of us.

3. Rockinvet

Rockinvet Tele-Holic

I don’t follow him but have great respect for him every time I see him play. I’ll watch it.

4. Danb541

Danb541 Tele-Afflicted

1940s-sad-baby-with-pouting-lower-lip-vintage-images.jpg

5. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

I like a lot of Joe's music. I also dislike some of Joe's music. Not unlike every other artist I've ever listened to. Every infamous writer, performer, band, whatever, has some weird junk they decided to record and release. Joe's marketing of all the crap and trinkets is indeed over the top. Gmail does a great job sending those directly to the garbage bin. Joe works hard. Puts on a good live show. Takes all those great old guitars and amps on tour. He's very public about it all. At least those of us who also love vintage gear get to follow along. Its fun...Imagine buying an extra seat beside you in first class, on the plane ride home, for the '59 lburst LP you just bought in Australia? He's living out a lot of our guitar player's dreams. I'd have thought most of us were on common ground here?

Roman4405 likes this.
  6. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Thread closed

Some of you who are still members should be ashamed of yourselves for rising to the bait of our former member

Use the REPORT function. Let us handle the miscreants. That is why we are here.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 10:17 PM
    Manual Slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.