Bogner - you blues guys should try one!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by doghouseman, May 22, 2020.

1. doghouseman

doghouseman TDPRI Member

I just got a Bogner ATMA. Great old man amp. 3 channels, only 18 pounds. Loud enough to play at gigs.

Here is the thing though. I aways thought Bogner's were metal amps, or that they sounded like Marshalls. But this is not the case.

THis amp actually has a switch that is supposed to sound like 60s, 70s, and 80s Marshall amps. But it doesnt sound like a Marshall. I have played a lot of Marshalls and this doesnt sound like a Marshall.

BUT to my surprise, it sounds like a nice, smooth, over driven, fender. At least on the lower gain settings. It doesnt have that upper midrange sizzle that a marshall has, but it really has a nice, less aggressive, beautiful, clean, sophisticated overdriven sound. There is lots of gain on tap if you want to go there, but the low gain sounds are great for Blues. Basically like a slightly over driven Fender, or a Fender with something like a Klon in front of it.

Anyway, you Blues guys should really check one out. I think the overdrive of the ATMA is perfect for blues.

bullfrogblues likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.