1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Body source

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by 2after909, Dec 4, 2020.

1. 2after909

2after909 Tele-Holic

I’m looking to buy a tele deluxe body with some custom specs. In the past I’ve used musikraft, warmoth, usacg, saylor, and Rosser. All were good. I’ve also used a couple non-cnc bodies, and those were both disappointing. I’m wondering if there’s a source for bodies that I’m overlooking. Rosser is great but all he’s offering lately is heavy ash and that’s a dealbreaker for me. Saylor was good but the alder was dry and brittle, and it just isn’t the same as my musikraft alder body. Warmoth and musikraft were high quality but kinda expensive. Usacg was expensive and high quality plus they took forever. Is there a body source I’m overlooking? Bonus points for under $150. Only considering precise cnc bodies. Any I’m overlooking? Thanks

2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

2after909 likes this.
  3. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Augustus Guitars run by Kevin Schlenker should have a Facebook page. I got a thinline body from him and the level of machining was outstanding. Very little sanding necessary and no router skips or marks needed to be sanded out. Good pricing, too.

2after909 likes this.
  4. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Check ebay for body makers and ask if "can you do this..." I found one in Canada that made a great alder body for me at little additional cost.. CNC. Those little guys scratch for work sometimes. Some are reluctant to change their programs, so minor changes are maybe more likely to be accepted.. It's been years though so I cant help you with a specific source.

2after909 likes this.
  5. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I haven't ordered from them but they are ex-Warmoth employees I believe https://www.bestguitarparts.com/
    They have some pretty cool neck options and some unique body styles.

Note - I cannot recommend - positive or negative. No experience.

2after909 likes this.
  6. NoTeleBob

NoTeleBob Tele-Meister

Oh, this is about guitars. I saw the title and thought... well, OK, never mind...

7. 2after909

2after909 Tele-Holic

Thanks all for the tips. I sent out some feelers.

8. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

I have had lots of experiences with them but for necks. They make great necks and I have had necks from Warmoth, Musikraft, USAGC, Allparts, Mighty Mite, and I am probably forgetting some others. BGP had been my favorite source. I have four of their necks right now on my partscasters that are in my signature.

BTW, one of the nice things about their necks is that have a nub on their headstocks that you can easily sand off if you want to mimic the actual Fender shapes.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  9. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

10. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

If I'm not mistaken, they might also have a couple of the old hands from the old regime at USA Custom Guitars when USACG was top-notch.

11. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

With all due respect, you're cutting yourself off from some of the custom builders who are willing to do one-off bodies.

Some of them turn out work that is superior to the CNC stuff. CNC is just a program sending instructions to a machine.

Sounds like you are also looking for superior body wood. Have you looked into the prices for that stuff lately?

Bonus points for under $150 bucks :).

I hate to say it, but I paid more than that for a single blank I purchased yesterday ;).

pshupe likes this.
  12. 2after909

2after909 Tele-Holic

I’ve paid more in the past. I just don’t want to this time. Got a bunch of parts lying around and wanna throw something together cheaply is all.

My thing about cnc only applies just to cheap bodies. I don’t want a cheap non-cnc body. I’ve had two and both were problematic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.