Body Ink Gone Wrong

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
I think tattoos generally look ridiculous. I'm sure the sleeve tat moms think I look ridiculous. And so it goes.

That seems like the worst idea ever.

Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.
-Flaubert
that tends not to upset the status quo in the same way that solid organizing or spontaneous revolt does.

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
If you can't see it I'm not sure I can explain it.
I'll try.
In a world well on it's way to going mad, staying normal is a powerful form of rebellion. Maybe the only one that matters.

Normie's like me acknowledge the madness that exists out there but do not get all "monkey see, monkey do" just because "everyone else is doing it." Succumbing to the overwhelming stupidity of the world is not who I am.

I'll always be that guy watching the lemmings go over the cliff trying to get their attention...... "uh guys".... "guys."
If you’re staying normal, that’s just status quo, not rebellion.

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, I was just thinking, you know you can't be in a room with a Vegan for four and half seconds before a Vegan starts expounding on their being a Vegan, and if they were covered in tattoos, then it would be like a magpie convention! 😁😁😁
Most vegans i know never bring it up unless they’re ordering food.

And i’ve worked in a vegan restaurant.

ChazFromCali

Tele-Meister
who doesn't want drunken lions on their back?
.... forever...

Or three wolf moon.

3wolfmoon-2271203955.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
For the longest time, a tattoo meant you were ex-military, a criminal, or generally white trash.
Nowadays it means "Dude, I was in Tijuana, I was bombed on Tequila, and I had $50 ..."

As for a tattoo meaning you're a badass, the toughest and most lethal human I've ever had the pleasure of knowing was my kung fu sifu (master). This guy could take a 6" staff and run it like a helicopter. He could also take a staff hit in the throat and break cinderblocks with his forehead. And he had 2 sons who were also national MMA champs, one who served in Marine Recon. He had zero tattoos.

As for me, in 64 years I've never come across anything profound enough that I wanted it stenciled on my body. Including names of family members. That's what t-shirts are for (they come off easier). Maybe a nice octopus on the back of my bald head someday ... 🐙

hnryclay

Tele-Holic
Most of the tough men I know have tattoos, and most of them served tours for thier country. I have tattoos, and unless I am not wearing a shirt you would never know. I tend to not judge people by what they look like though and I am not into judging a person I never met at first glance. Might miss out on some pretty great people.

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I tend to not judge people by what they look like though and I am not into judging a person I never met at first glance.

My wife and I just got back from a dive vacation. Two guys on the boat were shaved bald, tatted up, and body builders. If you were judging a book by its cover, you would think "Bad a$$ SEAL divers" . . . . They looked like 12 year-olds under the water (and that statement is unfair to the 12 year-old divers I have seen that are awesome).