Body Ink Gone Wrong

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Billy The Bard
Sure but let the yeasayers have a chance before the naysayers ruin their fun, jeez
that a good point , and
great tattoo in the right place is wonderful,
a botches , poorly executed tattoo any where is a shame.
a great tattoo in the wrong place is unfortunate.
Getting tattooed can be a form of ritual magic.
A the quest arises , what magic? Magic is not real.
Tattooing can transform consciousness in a way that brings about the what we want.
It has been said many times
Logic gives us what we need ,
Magic gives us what we want.

Buffy Saint Marie deal with an aspect of this in her song " God is alive Magic is a foot.
Find the Song posted in the Forum " Music to our ears." This post is not about religion, it is about psychology , not religion, in a way, Think of Joseph Campbell and his mapping consciousness

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
the good news is that what people refer to as "rock n roll" (which is not actually "rock n roll", but rather "rock music") is actually relatively underground once again. it may yet go full circle and become cool again
It has never not been cool. I will always approve this message.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm old, and some would say out of touch, personally, I feel like I've just seen about everything called change in my time. One thing I do know, I don't really care if people have tattoos or not, with one exception. I have a granddaughter that is beautiful as in beauty queen, Hollywood knockout gorgeous! She got a small tattoo, because her sister and her mom did, then another, and another. I guess some would say it enhanced her beauty, I would just as soon she had not gotten the tattoos. It's as most contend, her life though, I keep silent about it, but man, do I wish she hadn't done it.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
some would say out of touch
Some? :)

Full disclosure- my oldest son has numerous tattoos.
I love my son dearly but I hate those things.

His "reason" is that they are in memoriam to his children who never lived outside the womb (there's been three now) so while I can't help but respect that, I still do not approve.

Last edited:

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, but the Crue and Cats didn't blow up like Guns. Guns crossed genres musically and their look. Crue and Setzer were glam. Guns were dirty. Examples:
Motley Crue and Brian Setzer before 1987/Guns N Roses: View attachment 1008605 View attachment 1008606

The Crue and Setzer after 1987/Guns N Roses

View attachment 1008607 View attachment 1008608 View attachment 1008609
Bon before all them.

bon-scott.jpg

MilwMark

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
These threads are always the worst of the forum to me. At best (a stretch) out comes the busibodyness. And needless judgment. Then the fist shaking at clouds. Then the false equivalencies. Then the misogyny.

I think it’s a laughable stretch to view not getting tattoos as some sort of rebellion. Not just as a percentage (only about 1/3 of Americans have them, and less than 50% under 30). But also as a construct.

(I have no tattoos, at present.)

Last edited:

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, I was just thinking, you know you can't be in a room with a Vegan for four and half seconds before a Vegan starts expounding on their being a Vegan, and if they were covered in tattoos, then it would be like a magpie convention! 😁😁😁
I don't know any vegans who don't have more tattoos than me. It's like I'm communicating with another dimension. I don't know what a magpie convention is. Is it like a room full of straight edge vegans?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Some? :)

Full disclosure- my oldest son has numerous tattoos.
I love my son dearly but I hate those things.

His "reason" is that they are in memoriam to his children who never lived outside the womb (there's been three now) so while I can't help but respect that, I still do not approve.
I understand what you are saying completely. At least one of the tattoos my granddaughter has she shares with her sister, and mother, and they commemorate my son's passing. While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think my son would have liked the tattoos any better than I do. He never had any tattoos, and I'm pretty sure if he was still here, neither would my granddaughter.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
In specific instances, it's been uncool.
For example: the entire Huey Lewis & the News catalogue, with one exception-

Not sure I follow. Are you saying they're rock and roll, and are uncool? I'm not sure I agree or disagree with either statement, but I don't think anyone can make rock and roll uncool just by making uncool rock and roll.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Not sure I follow. Are you saying they're rock and roll, and are uncool? I'm not sure I agree or disagree with either statement, but I don't think anyone can make rock and roll uncool just by making uncool rock and roll.
My earlier post specified "what people call 'rock n roll' but is really just 'rock music' "
I do wholeheartedly agree that true rock n roll has never been uncool

Huey Lewis is for the most part uncool rock music, despite them singing about the heart of r'nr still beatin

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
My earlier post specified "what people call 'rock n roll' but is really just 'rock music' "
I do wholeheartedly agree that true rock n roll has never been uncool

Huey Lewis is for the most part uncool rock music, despite them singing about the heart of r'nr still beatin

Rock singers love to sing about music I like without singing music I like.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
You know I guess this stuff has been around a long time, I knew a little kid who used to put a tee shirt on over his head, paint his face and say he was in the KISS band. He's kind of getting to be an old man now. Saw him at his little brother's funeral a while back.

willietheweirdo

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Lyle Tuttle is in a couple of those pix.He had a cool kinda tattoo place in SF.I got mine done by Spider Webb.Both famous early tattoo people.

I've been there. It's now a museum. Pretty cool place and all of those retro pieces you see popping up today, he was one of the first, if not THE first. https://lyletuttlecollection.com/
I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was a real nice guy. He tattooed a friend of mine and judged a piece on my leg at a convention. Fun memories...