Body Ink Gone Wrong

DekeDog

Friend of Leo's
Not the tattoo type, but if I was, they'd have a lot of blue, green, and red, and look like something Celtic... maybe like something from the Lindisfarne Gospels:

011818-78-Lindisfarne-Gospels-Art-History.jpg

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
Well, I was just thinking, you know you can't be in a room with a Vegan for four and half seconds before a Vegan starts expounding on their being a Vegan, and if they were covered in tattoos, then it would be like a magpie convention! 😁😁😁
It’s possible that you were with vegans who didn’t talk about being vegan.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It’s possible that you were with vegans who didn’t talk about being vegan.
Now that right there is just a very good question. I reckon it is POSSIBLE to be in a room with vegans who didn't talk about being vegans, but when you figure in the probability factor, well, there's not what you'd call a real big chance of that. ;)

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I think it’s a laughable stretch to view not getting tattoos as some sort of rebellion. Not just as a percentage (only about 1/3 of Americans have them, and less than 50% under 30). But also as a construct.
People that really follow their own path aren't usually judgmental about people on a different path. It's the small minded people that can't stand anyone being different. They find it very threatening to have their status quo questioned.

Reminds me of my Grandmother in the 70's. In the late 60's and early 70's when everyone had long hair and my hair was long, she'd say, "Why don't you be different and cut your hair. Don't be like everyone else." Then when the John Travolta short disco helmet hair came out, she'd say, "Why don't you cut your hair like everyone else?"

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
My nephew let some hack put crappy tattewz all over his back. Got real drunk and the hack put some tearz under both eyez.
I never derided him about it . It waz his choice.
God rest his soul . He died a few months back near Tucson Az. in a bad motorcycle wreck :(
I thought the tears meant you killed someone or you spent time in the big house.
I also have no tattoos. It never worked for me. My wife and daughter convinced me to get my left ear pierced. It got infected and I had to let it heal over to get rid of that. Never tried again.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I thought the tears meant you killed someone or you spent time in the big house.
I also have no tattoos. It never worked for me. My wife and daughter convinced me to get my left ear pierced. It got infected and I had to let it heal over to get rid of that. Never tried again.
A guy who works at one of the grocery stores we frequent has some poorly removed tear drops below his eyes, he looks pretty scary, and I usually just push my little cart right on by that bad boy!

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted

Mookie Betts, Outfielder​

Mookie Betts #50 of the Los Angeles Dodgers runs the bases after hitting a home run.
Mookie Betts #50 of the Los Angeles Dodgers runs the bases after hitting a home run.
In 2021, the Los Angeles Dodgers five-time All-Star made his complete transition to a vegan lifestyle public.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Probably not very long after he started being a vegan! ;)
Only after he was getting drilled with questions about what was in his lunch container he has with him all the time.

"Before I get more questions about what is in the containers...
Cous cous, broccoli, green beans, chickpeas, fresh avocado, shaved red onion, pickled cucumbers, tahini-dill vinaigrette."

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Only after he was getting drilled with questions about what was in his lunch container he has with him all the time.

"Before I get more questions about what is in the containers...
Cous cous, broccoli, green beans, chickpeas, fresh avocado, shaved red onion, pickled cucumbers, tahini-dill vinaigrette."

So, you're saying he used a prop to bring up the fact that he was a vegan? Wow, I'm betting he's gonna start a trend right there! 😁😁😁

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
I've listened to all kinds of rock n roll in my day and Huey Lewis and the News more than make the grade in my book. They have a stack of hit records to prove it too. Y'all be hatin' on a good band...