1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

BOC Godzilla question

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by VintageMike, Nov 28, 2015.

1. VintageMike

VintageMike TDPRI Member

Years ago, I heard a version of "Godzilla" on the radio which used the Godzilla roar/scream in it. Is that on any particular album or was it a one off?

2. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I don't think that's on any official BOC release (Spectres, ETI Live, Cult Classic, Some Enchanted Evening, A Long Day's Night). Maybe the DJ added the sound in? In fact, I've seen BOC live something like 50 times (yes, call me a fan...NO ONE plays guitar like Buck Dharma) and I've never heard them use that sound in concert...just the pre-recorded "stomps" of Godzilla walking as Eric Bloom introduces the track.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

It woulda been a good idea to include it in the recording, though

4. 68 Shovelhead

68 Shovelhead Tele-Afflicted

Been listening to BOC lately, Buck really is an awesome player

5. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

I first saw them live in '77...seen 'em about a dozen times over the years. Buck truly is an unsung guitar hero, when considering his abilities & body of work, compared to lesser gawds. I agree with your assessment of Godzilla, having never heard an official recording with the sound effect.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.