bobtavia troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Dennis Perusse, May 24, 2015.

1. Dennis Perusse

Dennis Perusse Tele-Meister

Hello,

Hey, I'm building a bobtavia pedal and I am having the hardest time trying to figure out if I'm missing something on the schematic that I should have done. Take a look at the schematic posted. Should I have a capacitor on the 1 and 8 pin of the op amp as I've seen some other stompboxes that use the lm386 and have done that? Everything checks out for how I have it wired and I am using a dpdt stomp box switch for those duties versus a 3pdt stompswitch for true bypass. Any help answering this question would be wonderful and thanks in advance. :)

Dennis

Attached Files:

2. luckett

luckett Banned

It's not necessary to put a cap between 1 and 8, you can leave them open. What is the problem you're having with it? Have you checked your voltage and grounds?

3. Dennis Perusse

Dennis Perusse Tele-Meister

Hello,

Sorry for the delay getting back to the list. I had a procedure done at the hospital so needed to take time away from this project but now I'm back. Yes, I checked the circuit and found a few mistakes, plus I checked all of my grounds to the schematic. My main mistake was having he diodes wired backwards. After fixing that I used my Dmm to check the voltages on key areas where they are supposed to be getting power. I have power in the proper spots in relation to the lm386.

I'm still not getting sound though. Could it be that I may have damaged the lm 386 chip at all? I have a second on to try out but I'll swap it out when I've exhausted other possibilities. Thank you all in advance for the help and steering me along in this debugging portion of the day. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.