Bob Welch and Stevie Nicks "Ebony eyes"

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Blazer, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

But this version of "Gold Dust woman" sounds too rehearsed to be an off the cuff "Let's play that song since Stevie's here, uh you guys DO know it, right?" moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they had that song in their regular set list.

2. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Blues Nazis love only one version of the band for obvious reasons but I say all versions were top notch...simple reason is that Fleetwood and Mac were the constant factor.

As good a blues rock no nonsense rhythm section anybody could ask for always supplemented by killer rhythm guitar bits from various outstanding players. A great formula for any great band IMHO.

Named Fleetwood Mac for great reason, 50 years of music excellence.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

You really do a disservice to Danny Kirwan and Christine, because Future Games/Bare Trees/Mystery to Me FM was a three part collaboration, with all three parts being of equal importance IMO- Danny Kirwan, Christine McVie, and Bob Welch. And, by the time Bob joined, they had been without Peter for quite some time. I would say that if he was brought in to replace anyone, then it was Jeremy Spencer, not Peter Green.

4. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I really like those post-Peter Green, pre-BN albums. "Emerald Eyes" is a favorite of mine. I had both a roommate and a girlfriend in college who turned me on to them. My roommate joked that when BN left the band that we'd be the next ones in the band going by the turnover in the band. Who knew that it would be their most stable line up?

Hey, raysachs, was that DJ Peter Boyle? I used to visit Tucson a bunch before moving there and that name rings a bell.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Wow!....you experienced almost as much drama in that part of your life as the Buckingham/Nicks period of Fleetwood Mac!
    My only "romance" claim to fame was a relationship with a beautiful former ballet dancer who was involved with Red Young (organist/keyboard for Eric Burdon and Cher, among others) both before and after me. No jealous shootings, though. (thank goodness)

6. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Good 80's pop song...until Stevie opened her mouth.

7. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well, thankfully, none of the drama was actually MINE - I was just close enough to know about it. And none of it touched my friend who was involved with the same woman as this DJ. He was aware she was seeing the DJ too, but he really fell for her and tried to get her away from him before deciding she was actually crazy and running the other way. Not sure how much longer she stayed with the DJ - I'm pretty sure she was NOT the woman he was shot over. But the DJ was a loud and obnoxious sort on the air and there were always stories about him around town. And then he wound up dead. I was early 20s at that point - he was probably well into his 30's, maybe older. He was really the only one who seemed to always be enmeshed in drama.

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.