Blurring the Line Between Internet Life and Real Life

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ScatMan, Sep 14, 2012.

1. renhoek

renhoek TDPRI Member

Once while refinishing a guitar I messed up a bit and thought "ah, I can just click on undo"... :neutral: That's what paint fumes do to you I suppose.

2. fuzzbender

fuzzbender Former Member

funny you should mention it

As Alex said in A Clockwork Orange

“It’s funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.”

of course the full phrase is weird as a 'clockwork orange'

no judgment here

3. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

Sometimes when I'm trying to remember something that happened to me many years ago, I fleetingly think of looking it up on the internet, as if one's whole life and indeed the whole of history is recorded on the web.

4. superlightweigh

superlightweigh Tele-Holic

That's me---sitting at a red light, point and click it to green
    want to talk to somebody, click on them

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The other day, my wife and I were making a DVD on her computer, I sat down at my station to see if the disc would play on my computer. I absentmindedly opened the far left drawer of my desk, and started to chuck the disc in there to see if it worked when I noticed the look on my wife's face, I froze, figured out what the hell I was actually tying to do, and stuck it in my computer. It worked, otherwise I woulda had to hit undo, and put it in the desk drawer.

6. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

Never thought about trying it on Android, so I just did. Got back a "sh: grep not found" in both user and root. Bummer, man. (Speaking of which, it won't do "man" either.) That must be some pretty seriously stripped-down Linux under there.

Works fine on a Mac, though. I use it occasionally on my BSD laptop, too. :D

7. Boyd

Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Interesting. I have never used Android but just assumed it included all the unix/Linux utilities. My bad.

8. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

yep. i just upgraded to a touchscreen phone last week. not pushing buttons has really changed the way i now view things and technology. i actually reached out and touched the screen of my laptop as if it were a touchscreen, lol.

Sent from my SGS-II using TDPRI

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

I would have assumed the same. Oh well, at least there are C/C++ compilers for it, so all is not lost. ;)

10. LarsOS

LarsOS Tele-Holic

I remember playing Doom II pretty intensely, and afterwards being really impressed with the resolution and frame rate of the brick walled corridors at school. And the compulsion to pick all flowers and berries in sight for potion ingredients, after playing too much Oblivion/Skyrim. Don't get me started on Gran Turismo, I'm still alive, let's leave it at that. Assassin's Creed has increased my fear of heights though, after I found myself wanting to climb four stories down the wall instead of taking the stairs. That seriously freaked me out. And Portal... yeah. Lucy in the Sky and so on. Now I mostly stick to Minecraft. Its blockiness makes it unrealistic enough that it doesn't delos my psyche too much. And coding. Oh, how I want to fix some of those bugs in reality sometimes... it's sloppy spaghetti code all over.

11. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oh man! You reminded me of being in the supermarket after playing Portal for a week straight and thinking about shooting a portal across to the other side of the supermarket where the dairy products were, and then one below my feet, instead of walking over there.

Plonk.

Plonk.

There.

12. Henry

Henry Tele-Holic

After having bought my first car with central locking I found that, after a week or so, I would approach my house, aim the car's remote at the front door and press the button...fool.

13. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

After using an iPad, I go to a regular computer and try touching the screen and look like an idiot.

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Door will not open, I know, I know. The remote won't mute the wife either, I know that too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.