1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bluetooth Radiation

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ac15, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Nah, no biggie; you'll grow a third eye and we'll call you "Blinky."

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Just like the latest study NIH found with the rats exposure to radio frequencies extending their life, I am thinking there is a strong correlation between the rising ubiquity of radio and TV signals over the past half century and human life expectancy.

The graph is clearly going the wrong way if all our technology is 'killing us'. :)

Mean life expectancy - 1950 - 2013

[​IMG]

3. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

Ive always found it interesting that the longer I live - the longer my life expectancy.

4. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

No, you're missing the point. They aren't trying to kill you...only dull your mind just enough to make you compliant and see things their way. :)

5. mikeyb

mikeyb Tele-Meister

Tinfoil hat?

6. Guitarteach

Arghhh. The static charge putting on my synthetic fibre jumper is subjecting me to huge voltage and electrical potential. The huge field my body is generating is now attracting objects inches away!

Why am I still alive?

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

That's what THEY want you to believe.

8. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

Cling to life all you want, but you're still going to die. Why shun technology, deny yourself the pleasure of foods you love, exercise like a madman, and fear anything that poses possible risk? Because the headlines are so cheerful and the world is such a lovely place? Would you really like to extend your stay?

As for me, I smoke cigars, eat any damn thing that I want, and otherwise do as I please with flagrant disregard for the doctor's advice. When I die, I'm going to drop like I was struck by lightning. I'm not going to live healthy so that I can be around long enough to develop some chronic horror where they slowly keep removing parts to try to stop the spread of some foul malignancy. Is it worth giving up all pleasure and living on a diet of rabbit food so that you can go out slowly and painfully, crapping into a vinyl bag while the dementia eats your mind? Do you really want an extra 10 years in this cesspool at the expense of having any fun or enjoyment? Stuff it, use the Bluetooth and laugh at death.

Mr. Lumbergh, Tremade, ac15 and 3 others like this.
  9. Guitarteach

Sadly it seems from the NIH research mentioned earlier that the male rats lived LONGER when exposed to all the cellular radiation!

10. meric

meric Tele-Holic

Steerforth, I applaud you. Your outlook is refreshing and accurate. Life and fun and pleasures are all around us....seek not pain and discomfort for it will find you soon enough.
    Have fun and laugh hard at the nanny-no-you-can'ts.

Steerforth likes this.
  11. Smoky Booroo

Smoky Booroo Tele-Meister

You should see the study with wireless radiation and learning disabilities with kids... Rats with ADHD running all over the place!

12. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

Post of the year! This is how I live as well. Ever hear the quote "if i knew i was going to live this long i would have taken better care of myself" ?

Screw it. I've seen health nuts drop dead at 50 and alcoholics drinking at 90. Be not afraid.

13. BigDaddyLH

That proves it. Booze is good for you.

Mr. Lumbergh likes this.
  14. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

I tried to tell the docs that when they wanted to replace my liver. They think their 8 years of college makes them so smart!

15. Guitarteach

[​IMG]

Tremade, ac15 and RLee77 like this.
  16. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

I've carried my cell phone in my front pants pocket for years… not liking this thread at all! Blue tooth ??

17. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Your post is pretty funny, and in many ways this is a good outlook.

However, almost everyone who has this outlook assumes a scenario where they do what they want until they suddenly die.

It usually doesn't work that way.

You could simply have a very bad quality of life (confined to a wheelchair, unable to see, hear, needing a voice box to speak etc.) for decades due to your lifestyle choices or just plain misfortune.

If it wasn't for that, your theory would be golden.

william tele and Steerforth like this.
  18. Steerforth

You're correct, of course. There's always the possibility that my ideas could result in very bad things. However, if I kept myself in the kind of shape that I was in when I was in the military, and behaved myself, I'd be likely to live so long that the chronic horror would be inevitable. A military doctor once told me that I was in the kind of shape that he'd expect to see in an Olympic athlete after an annual physical one year. And even now, I'm in far better shape than most guys my age. My peers tend to look old enough to be my father, I just don't seem to age very quickly. These days, I keep myself in what I'd call, "functional condition". I exercise enough so that my physical condition does not interfere with or limit my hobbies and activities. I still ride horses, ride my motocross racer, do a lot of other activities, and generally lead a pretty active, fun life for my age.

I have had my DNA tested by some very knowledgeable genetics people, not just the common, everyday commercial testers, and I know what genes I'm carrying. I have all the genes they associate with extreme longevity, plus piles of genes that are protective over just about every disease out there. And I don't have any bad genes. That agrees very much with my family history. The members of my family tend to live half of forever regardless of what they do, and that's been going on for literally centuries from what I know about my family history. We live to be really, really old. And frankly, I don't want to be still hanging around when all the people that I love, all my friends and family have died long ago. And if I'm too careful, I'll undoubtedly be around for far longer than everybody else. It's not that I don't enjoy life, but I've already been to more funerals of people that I cared about than I ever wanted.

My biggest fear is what happened to a guy that I worked for when I was a kid. He had a stroke, and when he recovered he couldn't talk and he was confined to a wheelchair. Unfortunately for him, he lived for a very long time after that. And all those years were spent just sitting there in his wheelchair with a blanket in his lap, unable to speak or do much. If that ever happened to me, I'd hope that somebody would have the decency to shoot me. So, I take the chance that I'll wind up screwed because of my attitude. But then again, maybe I'll go out fast, and not end up being a burden to my family or outliving them. I guess it's just a chance that I'll have to take. Life is good, I have a lot of fun, and things have worked out well for me, I'm very thankful. I've been blessed beyond anything that I ever deserved. But I wouldn't like too much of it. I'd just as soon leave this world when the time is right.

Tremade and ac15 like this.
  19. BigDaddyLH

My DNA analysis revealed an unusually high percentage of Neanderthal. That's good, right?

Tremade, ac15 and Steerforth like this.
  20. Steerforth

Yeah, that's good! It makes you tough. Neanderthals weren't people that you wanted to mess with. Neanderthals could take it and ask for more. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.