1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bluetooth Radiation

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ac15, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post

This should end the discussion...but probably won't.

Einstein won a Nobel Prize for explaining the Photoelectric Effect...which explains why things like power lines, mobile phones, and Bluetooth won't cause damage.

BTW - Microwave ovens are shielded...Faraday cages...that contain the microwaves.

:)

2. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

We all know that Einstein was a fraud who was paid by the electrical establishment to convince ordinary people to consume harmful products. Also, scientists have been proven to be liars and apologists for the intellectual elite who seek to rob us of our freedoms. People's opinions and beliefs will always be right, even in the face of so-called scientific evidence, which we all know has been falsified just to sell magazine.

At least, that's what I've heard.

Mr. Lumbergh likes this.
  3. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Friend of Leo's

I know a woman who has a bluetooth phone headset on every waking moment. That I would be concerned about. Less use I wouldn't worry too much. My self I quit worrying about radiation years ago as an aircrew member with thousands of hours of high altitude flying,. The Radiation I was exposed to then is so much more than electronic devices produce.I don't glow in the dark yet,

william tele likes this.
  4. nigelr

nigelr TDPRI Member

I have worked in the telecoms industry as an engineer for 31 years now, and I can tell you that not enough studies have been carried out. It isn't just the power but also the frequency you need to think about. Cordless (DECT) phones are much worse than mobile phones.

The truth is....we don't know, and many times we have had to re-think what we consider to be safe because new information comes along.

Personally I think moderate use of these things would be OK (wifi, cell phone etc) but I prefer wired headsets if I have a choice. In the car I use bluetooth to connect to the phone because it is convenient.

JayFreddy likes this.
  5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

We at the Bad Dog think you do glow...:)

6. Smoky Booroo

Smoky Booroo Tele-Meister

7. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Since we eliminated all wireless other than our cell phones, feeling much better here...no headaches, blurred vision or digestive problems. Even got rid of the microwave oven.

8. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

The stress of living without a microwave oven would give me headaches, blurred vision, and digestive problems. :p

While I believe your statement 100%, what's missing is a linkage between the cause and effect. It could even be that worrying about those things caused the symptoms, and removing them gave peace of mind that alleviated the issues (just as an example).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  9. jaybones

jaybones Friend of Leo's

My 82 year old father (at a little of my goading) went into an AT&T store, and said he didn't know if he wants a Blacktooth or a Blueberry.

Thankfully the salesman had heard that joke before...

OP I think you'll be alright.

10. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

This was my point. Absence of evidence is not the same as Evidence of absence. The burden of proof lays on the new technology. Usually it takes 50 years or so to know with any certainty.

For years there was no evidence that asbestos wasnt a great product, or DDT, or countless other great technologies that have killed many.

Not saying i dont use bluetooth. Of course I do. But i won't call someone else a quack for fearing using it.

JayFreddy likes this.
  11. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

12. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Friend of Leo's

And sometimes they know but use the stuff anyway. My son was born premature 6 weeks with underdeveloped lungs. Luckily he ended up OK. No thanks to exposure to Agent Orange from being an aircraft mechanic.

13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Yep. I'm especially concerned with the bit about the radio exposed male rats living longer than the control group rats.

We are going to be inundated with undying radio powered super mutant rodents!

14. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

As others of said, we thought asbestos and DDT were okay for a long time too... Until they weren't.

I have a friend whose parents retired in a house located directly below high tension power lines. Within ten years, the mother had developed a rare form of brain cancer that effects one in ten million people. She passed away about a year after being diagnosed.

A year later, the father was diagnosed with the exact same form of "one in ten million" brain cancer. He died shortly after.

While there is no proof that the high tension power lines contributed to the parent's deaths, the family unloaded that house ASAP.

https://en.geovital.com/seven-fold-increase-in-brain-cancer-likelyhood/

15. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Dude. Have you seen yourself in the dark yet?? OMG. :D

JayFreddy likes this.
  16. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Oh, lordy -

I guess I'll just go to bed and pull the covers over my head before my Plasma TV melts my nether parts!

The fact that studies are limited is amply because the wavelength combined with low power means...as some others have said...you're more likely to die from stress than worrying about this stuff.

Cell phones fall in the same bucket. I've had one since the 80's, when they were suitcase-sized gadgets and I'm perfectlykj fwpij wpripwirghjw 9975hlseng;lfkl/..srb shred

"It's not funny.

The amount of radiation you are exposed to by holding the phone up to your head is unhealthy."

Really?

Provide the specifics. I've heard this same swill for over 30 years and have yet to see a single verifiable study - much less one proving you need to hold the phone on a "selfie" pole away from your head.

No, I don't sell phones of electronics. However, when I hear things like this I look for REAL proof, not "Weekly World News" reports and other birdcage liner.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  17. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

I'm just tickled pink at having made it this far

Something is going to do us all in. To paraphrase the great philosopher, Roseanne Roseannadanna, if it ain't one thing, it's another.

Besides, I figure if exposure to Bluetooth radiation will kill you they would have made Bluetooth weapons.:eek:

JayFreddy likes this.
  18. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

Thats why I drink and smoke.

Cigarettes are another luxury item that used to be perfectly safe. They even had evidence showing it was healthy. But we never learn. Since we are quoting philosophers; I should give Nasim Taleb credit for the quote i used earlier - We constantly confuse absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

To be honest right now I am smoking a Marlboro, drinking a miller lite, and typing this on my bluetooth enabled cell phone - connected to LTE and wifi. I know for sure that at least two of these things are not healthy for me.

P.S. - anyone seen that Talcum powder is causing ovarian cancer now? Also hearing that cholesterol reducing drugs decrease heart attack risk but increase risk of heart failure.

Brings me back to my point - unless something has been around for a very long time - I won't declare it as harmless. Knowing the risks of living - I take my chances.

JayFreddy likes this.
  19. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

One of the most common side effects of living is death.

Obsessed, Tremade and Revv23 like this.
  20. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Oh crap- I guess my 5 watt 2 meter/440MHZ HT is gonna do me some damage....

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.