Bluesmen and Blueswomen you may not know of, but should

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
Cedric Burnside, the new generation of blues genius and the genuine article bluesman. His grandfather is legendary delta and hill country player RL Burnside.

One day I will tell the story of Gus, share cropper and bluesman who used to play everyday under a tree at my school bus stop. I grew up in the deep south surrounded by blues and bluegrass, I know a little about both.

Last edited:

scook

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
John Jackson! Nice one! Most folks aren’t familiar with him .

Woodville VA is about 15 miles from me. They actually have a roadside sign commemorating him, which I always thought was cool.

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I think people don't appreciate how many incredible women blues players/singers there were (and likely still are in some places). Particularly church singers from AME Zion and other churches who crossed over to blues. Most were never famous, never recorded, and are now forgotten. I'd venture to guess there were more women, than men who played blues at little parties and joints back home.

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Cedric Burnside, the new generation of blues genius and the genuine article bluesman. His grandfather is legendary delta and hill country player RL Burnside.

One day I will tell the story of Gus, share cropper and bluesman who used to play everyday under a tree at my school bus stop. I grew up in the deep south surrounded by blues and bluegrass, I know a little about both.

He's been on Sun Studios Sessions a few times, also plays drums really well.