1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blues Junior, broken volume shaft...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Fret Wilkes, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's

How do,

The Volume control shaft on my Blues Junior broke flush with the chrome face. Kinda strange as it almost looks like it was cut, but none the less it's busted.

How difficult is it to replace the control? I am assuming it is PC board mounted and I have moderate soldering skills, so I am unsure if I should take it on.

The amp works fine and still sounds great :D , I just have to adjust the volume control with tweezers :rolleyes: It's very hard to maintain your 8) while adusting the amp in this fashion....lol.

The Weber 12F150 (C12N) that I put in this amp sounds awesome by the way.

What a great sounding little amp, if a bit cheesy in the control department.

Thanks for your help,
    Fret

2. zook

zook Friend of Leo's

Fret,

The volumne is probably a 1 meg audio (log) taper pot. Check to see for sure by opening the chassis and looking.

All the usual cautions apply. My preference is to unplug the amp then turn the switches on. That will allow the filter caps to drain. Leave it alone for about 5 minutes and then you should be all set to go.

Check to see how the pot is fastened. You might even be able to find one at Radio Shack. If not, go to www.mouser.com and search for potentiometers. Find the one you need and order from them. I prefer to do it by phone. Since it is such a small order I'd go with priority mail.

If its a more standard chassis mounted pot, I've got a couple, I'll send you one. You could install a chassis mounted pot and use wires to attach it to the PCB.

Winnie

3. Stan Martin

Stan Martin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

i have some pot for you

Hey FW,

I think I have a Fender pc mount 1 meg pot.
    send me an email and I'll send one your way.
    Gotta go and check the stash.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.