Blues Jr Rev A Layout

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by nathanh, Jun 6, 2017.

1. nathanh

nathanh Tele-Meister

I've been fiddling with the DIYLC app. Fun!

My introduction to understanding amps was researching mods for my Blues Jr and studying the Billm (rest in peace bud) website and I remember really wanting a layout for these amps. I'm a visual learner and PCB's are hard to learn from above. I later found our friend @robrob's website and went to town. There I learned how to read schematics and a more in depth understanding. Still learning.

Anyways here's my practice in reading a schematic. This is a Blues Junior Rev A with a Rob 5F6a style bias circuit and with no reverb channel. I've also got the schematic copied below. Help me find any mistakes?

Blues Jr. V1 Schematic.jpg Blues Jr V1 Rev A Layout NathanH Fixed.jpg

2. robrob

robrob Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

The newest version of DIYLC (still free) allows you to rotate your tube sockets. Set 50 on the octal sockets and 315 on the 9-pin sockets and they line up the way we actually install them in the chassis. If you do this to an existing drawing you will have to manually move every lead to the correct pin.

You can also set pots either shaft up or down--for example on your bias pot, if it is set shaft down (sicking out of the bottom of the chassis) it will properly give you a hotter bias as you turn the pot up (clockwise). If you mean it to have the shaft sticking up into the chassis then it's backwards and you'll get a cooler bias when turning the pot up.

I don't see any errors on your layout, nice job.

3. nathanh

nathanh Tele-Meister

Thanks Rob, I'll check my version of DIYLC and make the correction. On my first (and only) build I actually installed V2 turned the wrong way. Felt sheepish later.

Now for the modded versions to come.

4. nathanh

nathanh Tele-Meister

Updated. I noticed I also have my input jack inverted from how you use yours. Should be correct now.

EDIT: messed up the NFB. Jesus Christ.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  5. nathanh

nathanh Tele-Meister

Take 4

Attached Files:

6. PaceAmps

PaceAmps TDPRI Member Vendor Member

Is there a way to import an existing 5e9a layout into this program?

7. robrob

robrob Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I don't know of a 5e9a DIY layout and I don't know of a way to import one from some other source.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.