Blues Jr. Cab Experiment

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by slauson slim, Jan 10, 2018.

1. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

It has been cab-o-rama here for the past couple of days - my cabs came out of storage. A 1X12 Avatar cab with an Eminence Delta Pro 12A - similar to an EVM 12L - and a Marshall 18w style 1x12 cab with a WGS Veteran 30, both open-back. I played my Princeton non-reverb and stock Tweed NOS Blues Jr. through the cabs. Strat or Tele into compressor, distortion box and delay, or clean. Turned everything up. Big fun.

Both amps were unexpectedly - and pleasingly - loud when each was run through both cabs at the same time.

Since the rap on Blues Jrs. is that they sound boxy due to the small cab (and how the amp is constructed) I ran the Princeton into Blues Jr's. Jensen C12N to hear how it sounded.

Revelation - the C12N in that small cab did not sound boxy, honky, choked or constrained at all when hooked to the Princeton. Nice firm lows, good mids, and not squishy or weird sounding. Good cleans.

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

I had a Blues Jr with a Celestion Greenback, I never thought it sounded boxy, it was a great sounding amp.

3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

...and that Jensen C12N gets panned as much as the BJr.

4. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

I have an Eminence Red White & Blues in the BJ that I took to smaller shows. It's a fantastic little amp.

Andy B likes this.
  5. strat1

strat1 TDPRI Member

6. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Ad Free Member

Absolutely! Same amp, same sound. If I hadn’t had a chance to move on and up I’d still be using it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.