1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blues Deluxe Reissue Question

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RunPickle, Nov 4, 2014.

1. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

I recently traded for a Blues Deluxe Reissue(and I can't stop smiling) and so I'm gonna sell my other amps. With that money I plan on getting a few more musical things.

Now here's the question: If I get a bass VI, will the blues deluxe handle it? The deluxe has an eminence red white and blues in it. So 40w amp and a 120w speaker. Dunno if the strong speaker will handle the bass VI. Sorry for any spelling errors, my keyboard is messing up on my phone.

Thanks!

2. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

The Bass VI is more of a baritone guitar than a bass so the Blues Deluxe should not have much trouble handling it at *moderate* volumes.

The limiting factor with the RW&B won't be the wattage but how much excursion it will tolerate.

Low frequencies can create mechanical damage to low excursion speakers. That is why as a young musician I went through two sets of Fender Special Design speakers in one year --using my '68 Twin Reverb as a bass amp and running it at 5 or 6 . Fortunately the Bass VI puts out less fundimental tone than a Precision or Jazz bass.

3. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

I gotcha. So if the lowest frequency range of the speaker is 80hz and I roll off the bass on the amp, do you think it'll be able to handle it up to volumes of maybe 5 or so?

4. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

It should tolerate that.

I owned a '62 Bass VI in the early '70s. The only way I could get enough bottom to sound like my Jazz Bass or a Precision was to use a Vox Tone Booster cranked to maximal bass boost. Nowadays I could simply use an EQ pedal

5. Johnny Cache

Johnny Cache Former Member

No problem for the amp, not sure about the speaker. Bass speakers are usually built different and usually put in closed or ported cabinets. It's really not a baritone it's a bass with B and E strings added. Used in country music allot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.