Blues Deluxe Reissue Problem

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gungnir, Jan 2, 2017.

1. gungnir

gungnir TDPRI Member

Hello, this is my first post around here. I don't know exactly if I'm posting in the right community, but I've seen that there have been before discussions so I said I'd give it a chance.

I have a problem with my freshly bought amplifier, Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.

The sound itself is amazing but, on the clean channel, the master volume seems to have no effect whether it is at full 12 or at 0.(on the drive channel both the channel volume and the master work)

By the channel volume I can get from very mellow perfectly clean tones to somehow cranked crunchy tones at around 12, but the master volume has no effect at all, no matter if I'm on any of the two inputs or if the bright switch is engaged.

Please help me, I want to know if it's anything that I can fix at home or I need to find somebody with a steadier electronics luggage of knowledge.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English!
    All the best!

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Iirc, the MV functions only in the Drive mode.

clintj likes this.
  3. gungnir

gungnir TDPRI Member

Yes, that's right. Is it normal to do so?

4. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

There's nothing to fix. the clean channel only reacts to the volume knob.
    except....I changed the volume chicken knob to a different colour, to not get confused in dim light.

oh and welcome.

5. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

That is the way that amp works. It is designed this way so that you can drive the preamp hard in the Drive mode while keeping the output volume lower with the MVto balance with whatever volume you choose for the Clean mode. Fwiw, this is a single channel amp. Ime, a change to a lower gain tube in V1 helps in both the Clean and the Drive modes....5751 or a 12AY7. Also, these amps are usually biased to the cold side of things. Rebiasing can make a much better sound, IMHO.

hrstrat57 and Alamo like this.
  6. gungnir

gungnir TDPRI Member

Thanks to both of you! You spared at least 50$ of my money(what it's worth to get my amp checked) and definetely put me back at ease.
    Thanks again! :D

Wally and Alamo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.