1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blues Deluxe/Deville and RI BD's

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by SteveY, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jilaw50

jilaw50 TDPRI Member

I am very happy with my Blues Deluxe RI. It is completely stock and completely reliable. It has been my main gigging amp for over 2 years (at least 2 gigs a week, sometimes 3 or 4). Like others, I'm always looking for something BETTER and now have a couple of half-stacks I work into the mix ( Egnater Renegade and Bogner Shiva) and when I got my Twin Reverb RI I thought I'd sell my BDRI but I can't get myself to part with it. I have A/B'd it with my Peavey Delta Blues 115 and LOVED the tone of it combined with the BDRI. No pics ( you all know what they look like) but here is a video of the BDRI + Peavey Delta Blues together (listen and let me know what you think):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU8...xt=C39ff2a5UDOEgsToPDskLqsc9nbFsmloQDQ-FG_nHQ

2. bluewave

bluewave NEW MEMBER!

I picked up a Blues Deville USA made around 1993 - the clean channel was great, but the drive channel was muddy when I got it. I sent the chassis off to Fromel Electronics in Seattle and had it modded with sprague caps and other top quality parts... now it's the bees knees...I have a Mesa Mark V, a Lone Star and a Twin Reverb - the Blues Deville is my main gigging amp now paired with the twin. I play a strat and a Les Paul 59 Reissue ...Now considering to replace the speakers with some vintage Webers, anyone using Webers?

3. maccampbells

maccampbells Tele-Meister

I'm in the club and have been for a bit. Got a used BD for $350 which dates to about '94. It was already modded, which I thought was great because I would have done the frommel mods anyway. I am finding that Alnico3 pickups are the way to go, anything else, to me, sounds like an icepick. Plug into the number 2 pickup and never have to go past 4 on the volume. I never even use the drive channel. That's what the pedals are for.

4. Justin_D_Myers

Justin_D_Myers Tele-Meister

Fender Blues DeVille/Deluxe Owners Club

I didn't see on in the forums, so I deiced to create a new owners club for members in possession of either a Fender Blues DeVille or Blues Deluxe.

I just became the happy new owner of a Fender Blues DeVille 4x10 Reissue and it is every bit of amazing. It is truly one of the best amps I've ever played.

I guess since this is the owners club I can ask other owners this question. What tubes do you guys recommend replacing the stock tubes with?

[​IMG]

5. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I almost got a Blues Deluxe about a year ago, had it jsut about paid for and everything, but then a band I was playing in fell apart and it would have been too loud for what I needed in another band. These things are loud! You have it pretty well figued out here in the video. How are you pairing the Blues Deluxe with the Delta? It has just that kind of grit I like. Really great amp. You got a cool style, kind of loose and greasy, like anything can happen. I like it a lot.

6. jimdye

jimdye TDPRI Member

[​IMG]
    I'm in! Just picked up a '94 Blues DeVille 212 from a local pawn shop for 400 bucks. She's clean and all original. Can't wait to crank her up.

7. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

A New Proud owner of a BDRI

Attached Files:

8. Loganloveguitar

Loganloveguitar Tele-Holic

Fender Deville 410 Club

I got a Fender Red October Deville 410 with groove tubes, Eminence red coat ramrod speakers and red tolex with white piping and white chicken knobs.

Love how these amps take pedals and cut through live even when mic'd

any love for these amps ?

9. Loganloveguitar

Loganloveguitar Tele-Holic

heres some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Fink132

Fink132 Tele-Meister

That is a sexy lookin amp!

11. MacQuarrie

MacQuarrie Tele-Meister

Just picked up a Blues Deluxe today in Dallas!!! If dates from '96 I believe and it rocks the foundation of the company apartments I'm in. Absolutely stoked!! Trying to post pics now..

12. ludashoeless

ludashoeless Tele-Afflicted

i have a RI. sounds great

13. MacQuarrie

MacQuarrie Tele-Meister

iPhone pics aren't the best but this is it.

14. MacQuarrie

MacQuarrie Tele-Meister

Well it appears the iphone didn't post the pic after all. I will get a few posted soon.

15. StoogeSurfer

StoogeSurfer Tele-Afflicted

Your gonna love it, i have a '95. You'll want them, but you will probably never need another amp.

16. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Hey all, I just joined the site. I've had a BDRI for a couple of years. I love the sound, but I have the same issue with how loud it is. Is this suggestion from above a way to make the volume knob get louder a little more progressively? I don't know anything about modifying my own amp, and terms like "linear tapers" are like a foreign language to me. For now I don't play above 3, and my guitar is usually turned down to about 6. Any suggestions on adjustments to make? Thanks.

17. bluesky636

bluesky636 Tele-Holic

There is nothing wrong with the taper of the volume pots.

Try a 12AY7 in V1. I use this and it works great.

http://www.kcanostubes.com/content/nos-jan-ge-12ay7

18. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the advice. Is this something I can just pop in, or should I have an amp guy do it?

19. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You can just pop it in. Do a Google search for replacing preamp tubes

20. bluesky636

bluesky636 Tele-Holic

1. Unplug the amp.
    2. Remove the back cover.
    3. V1 is the first tube on the right looking at the back of the amp.
    4. Remove V1. You may have to wiggle it a little bit as it is tight, just be gentle. Pay attention to where the wide space between pins is oriented. That is the key and the new tube must go in the same way.
    5. Install the new tube making sure the key is oriented properly. Push it in gently while wiggling it a little. It is a tight fit.
    6. Reinstall back panel.
    7. Plug amp in, turn it on, plug in your guitar and make beautiful music. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.