Blues Cube Hot

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by burtf51, Sep 22, 2020.

1. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

Got a BCH a few weeks back, why I don't know. First off I need very little at home and I don't foresee ever playing out again. I stay on the 0.5 and 5watt setting and it's plenty loud for my needs. I want nothing but clean, clean, clean and as long as I keep the channel volume around 4-5 and below I really can't hear any overdrive tones. I can't hear much of a clean difference at all with master at full volume or back half way. So it seems anything in the 5-6+ channel volume is getting into overdrive territory

So far a pretty nice amp for some home players, have no idea if cleans are enough for live jobs, altho it would sound good for most any low volume jobs. I'm still fiddling around with guitar(s) and amp settings and found no use for the boost and tone controls yet but liking most everything else fine so far

kookaburra likes this.
  2. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

I'm interested in a BCH myself, so I'm wanting to hear about them myself, thanks!

DaphneBlue likes this.
  3. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Holic

4. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I have and gig with the Blues Cube Club. Great clean sounds even when turning it up. If you want crunch, set your amp where you want and dime your guitar. You’ll get tube like overdrive tones.

kookaburra likes this.
  5. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

Myself I was wanting a clean sound no distortion or heavy overdrive, in my case the cleans sound nice and volume abundant at home and I don't know how much clean headroom the hot has but then I don't like loud...there's a few folks that have the hot on the jazz forum that seem to like the amp which would be more in line of what tone I was looking for in particular...I use 11's on my Tele and 12's on archtop and I'm getting a nice rich tone...any other tone possibilities would be in someone else's camp...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    kookaburra likes this.
  6. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I always wanted a BCH but the lack of effects loop for that price kept me away. I wanted cleans, cleans, cleans too and went with a JC-22. Beautiful little amp. Suprisingly loud and clean, clean, clean. I must say that I'm a home player as well and have no intention of gigging any longer.

tidalcast and burtf51 like this.
  7. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

I have a Katana100 but just too many settings for my likes but I did like a smidgen of fast delay slap back I still have it but don’t see selling it

schenkadere likes this.
  8. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I love these amps. I play all three variants: The standard, the GC/MF-only BOSS Drive Special, and the British EL84 Modified (only briefly offered in the U.S., but sold elsewhere). They're just plain great amps, and can go from home-friendly sounds at 0.5 watts to good and loud.

hots.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    DaphneBlue likes this.
  9. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I've had a BCA for over 2 years now, and like it.

10. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

Just sitting around the house while it's cool and drizzling outside with windows open playing the cube in the 0.5 watt setting, dang it sounds really nice n full and fits perfectly with nocturnal nature...

Anacharsis and DaphneBlue like this.
  11. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Congrats. Enjoy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.