Blue-eyed soul

1guy

Tele-Meister

Never realized what a great singer he was, til I heard an interview with him and he mentioned his mom was a vocals coach. Then I paid attention.

Dude's voice is awesome!

The ultimate. Surprised it hasn’t been posted.

Only reason I knew he was a white guy was cuz my buddy had the album, when it first came out...seen him at least twice.

LOVE this cat and Roxy!!

One of the smoothest to ever do it.

This is A GREAT thread! It exposed me to alotta tunes and artists I've never heard of.

I'ma keep it 100...we (blacks) have lovingly drafted or traded for several of these artists and view them as ours.

Don't fret... ;) We're willing to trade Kanye West and a Happy Meal.:lol:

Oh, and we want Sir Elton, too. His performance on Soul Train was groundbreaking.

1guy

Tele-Meister

If you're not from Chicago, you have NO IDEA how big this tune from Loggins and Messina is.

It's not typical blue eyed soul. It starts slow, but when the beat kicks in it's soo damn fonky. It's a Steppin Classic, to this day...Steppin is a type of dance popular in Chicago.

I guarantee that alotta DJs who played this song have never played any other track on the album.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Never realized what a great singer he was, til I heard an interview with him and he mentioned his mom was a vocals coach. Then I paid attention.

Dude's voice is awesome!

Only reason I knew he was a white guy was cuz my buddy had the album, when it first came out...seen him at least twice.

LOVE this cat and Roxy!!

One of the smoothest to ever do it.

This is A GREAT thread! It exposed me to alotta tunes and artists I've never heard of.

I'ma keep it 100...we (blacks) have lovingly drafted or traded for several of these artists and view them as ours.

Don't fret... ;) We're willing to trade Kanye West and a Happy Meal.:lol:

Oh, and we want Sir Elton, too. His performance on Soul Train was groundbreaking.
Would you take Michael Bolton for, like, a fifth round draft pick and option to be exercised later?:lol:

There's a guy on sports radio here, Laurence Holmes, who talked about black moms in the 80's being super into Steve Winwood's output around that time; I thought that was an interesting cultural insight.

1guy

Tele-Meister
Would you take Michael Bolton for, like, a fifth round draft pick and option to be exercised later?:lol:

There's a guy on sports radio here, Laurence Holmes, who talked about black moms in the 80's being super into Steve Winwood's output around that time; I thought that was an interesting cultural insight.

Bolton? Mehhh

But Winwood? Oh he's a first rounder.