1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blue Dixie from St.Louis

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Boxla, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

Anyone ever heard of these guys? I had a roommate in college (93-97) who was from St. Louis and I copied a cassette of theirs. And I loved it! They were definitely grouped in with all of the jam bands of the day (where did so many of them go?) but they had their own unique sound to my ears. I absolutely loved their album, at least the one I had. I have not heard about them since the 90's. I have searched for them sporadically throughout the years on the internet with not much success. But in searching today I stumbled upon this nice reunion show. You might like em.

2. Billy3

Billy3 TDPRI Member

Wow dude! That's a blast from the past. Blue Dixie is awesome! I grew up in st.louis. I used to go see them in the late 80's-early nineties. Really cool. Brad serrano,sorry if I misspelled the name, is the original guitarist and a reply good guy. They were kinda a grateful dead cover band with a lot of great orriginals. They would play all over town...Mississippi nights was always a good one. I think still have a couple of their t shirts around. My favorite memory of them was at a farm camp site between Chicago and Bonner springs in the middle of bum f... Missouri on the Deads 91 Sumner tour. It was so much fun. All kinds of things going on.... Those were the days!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.