Blonde TMDR vs TM Super Reverb

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Howdy,

So I've got an order in for a blonde TM Deluxe. Unfortunately, it's backordered and the store im buying from doesn't have an exact ETA. I'm kind of thinking about maybe just going for the Super since they have those in stock. I've heard conflicting things about the super Reverb, some folks say it's the best tone Master if they make, some do not.

The main reason I'm going with the deluxe is that our practice space is relatively small, and we don't play anything super big venue wise, and usually are never without the ability to make up or go direct. My current stable of tube amps doesn't go any higher than 30 watts, and the other guitarist in our band runs through a Skylark, so even with the attenuation the Super seemed like overkill for my "use case".

Any advice? Should I wait or let impatience win?

bertmanphx

TDPRI Member
Howdy,

So I've got an order in for a blonde TM Deluxe. Unfortunately, it's backordered and the store im buying from doesn't have an exact ETA. I'm kind of thinking about maybe just going for the Super since they have those in stock. I've heard conflicting things about the super Reverb, some folks say it's the best tone Master if they make, some do not.

The main reason I'm going with the deluxe is that our practice space is relatively small, and we don't play anything super big venue wise, and usually are never without the ability to make up or go direct. My current stable of tube amps doesn't go any higher than 30 watts, and the other guitarist in our band runs through a Skylark, so even with the attenuation the Super seemed like overkill for my "use case".

Any advice? Should I wait or let impatience win?
TeleTex82,
I'm sure you'll get lots of input here.
My 2 cents? There's a certain amount of makeup of sound by "pushing air" on stage or studio. My opinion, is that a DR fits many scenarios. It's one speaker & Cab, and generally gets you a lot of coverage. Sure you can dial down the attenuator on the Super, but unless you need those 4 speakers for a big stage, I'd say be patient and wait for the Dr.

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
TeleTex82,
I'm sure you'll get lots of input here.
My 2 cents? There's a certain amount of makeup of sound by "pushing air" on stage or studio. My opinion, is that a DR fits many scenarios. It's one speaker & Cab, and generally gets you a lot of coverage. Sure you can dial down the attenuator on the Super, but unless you need those 4 speakers for a big stage, I'd say be patient and wait for the Dr.
That's more or less how I have it figured. The Deluxe is what the pragmatist in me knows I need and will make the most sense. A light, attenuatable (is that a word?) Super Reverb is just so very tempting.
You realize you are asking this on TDPRI? We have never seen a gear purchase we don't like. Forget patience, buy the SR today!
Haha oh I know, Im just waiting on the inevitable "why not both" suggestion 😅

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
I'd hold out- that super even if light will be hard to move just because of the size...then a couple months down the road you might be tempted to sell it at a large loss just to buy what you actually want