Blind Faith...best one album band ever?

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
I’d say “Nosferatu” by Hugh Cornwell & Robert Williams from 1979. A great post punk/new wave LP featuring guest appearances from Ian Dury, Mark & Bob Mothersbaugh, Ian Underwood.

Strangely enough, this album contains a cover of “White Room”, which I only mention as a Clapton reference since most people have voted for Blind Faith so far.

The other one that comes to mind is “Listen Now” by 801.

Last edited:

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I think I’ll spin Live From Madison Square Garden, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood.
That's the first thing that popped into my mind too-terrific recording. I really like Clapton and Windwood's musical relationship. Wish there was more available of them together. This may be off-base but one of the things that stood out to me during first listenings to "Live From Madison Garden..." was similarities between EC and Winwood's singing voices. I think Eric's vocal development owes some to Stevie.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
This is my fave (Blind Faith not withstanding):

David_%2B_David_-_Boomtown.jpg

Just the other day, I was thinking, if only there was the market and the will of the principals to get them to put a backing band together and open for, I don't know, Steely Dan, the Eagles or somebody. David Baerwald has played some shows here and there, but the backing has been lacking.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I found BF to be a bit uneven. I’ll never tire of Can’t Find My Way Home, but Do What You Like was pure filler. I’m disappointed that Baker muscled his way in. He just showed up and they were too scared of him to say anything. Also the original cover was awful.
Yeah, I’ll agree with all this.
And what was up with that cover?? I guess it was the psychedelic era, when there was no such thing as a bad idea.

darkwaters

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, I’ll agree with all this.
And what was up with that cover?? I guess it was the psychedelic era, when there was no such thing as a bad idea.
Yep. I think the less said about that cover the better. On a more positive note, I really like the substitute cover with the band picture. There’s something about the picture and the colours they chose that I find very honest and evocative. Very anti psychedelic. Probably influenced by The Band.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
funny this video is from today!

Seeing Josh Homme in the thumbnail for that YouTube video reminded me of the band he and Iggy put together for their one-off collaboration, which is one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

Homme is also the guy who convinced Iggy to add the "Repo Man" theme to his live set list

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I don't mind being the contrarian that likes " Do What You Like"

It was kind of mind- blowing as an 11 year old kid, listening to my older (HS) sister's records, and just fascinated by all of this fantastic music- including Blind Faith.
( side: it would turn out years later, how much more I got into her music, than she ever did- with learning guitar...all this great late '60's music stayed with me)

I don't think at 11, I'd ever really heard much Jazz before ( Big Band, yes), so I just thought Ginger's drum solo was cool and crazy, still do! ( plus I like everyone's solos- 'do what you like...' perfect title!)

Much later in the 2000's getting into Classic jazz, including Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers ( and later finding out that Max Roach and Art Blakey were fave drummers of Ginger Baker), I've definitely heard drum phrases fills/rolls ( paradiddles?) from Art, that are quoted in " Do What You Like"

Anyone here remember Ginger singing " Blue Condition" on Disraeli Gears? - I wanna do it with my band, but they'd kick me out!

black_doug

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
That's the first thing that popped into my mind too-terrific recording. I really like Clapton and Windwood's musical relationship. Wish there was more available of them together. This may be off-base but one of the things that stood out to me during first listenings to "Live From Madison Garden..." was similarities between EC and Winwood's singing voices. I think Eric's vocal development owes some to Stevie.

I'm sure you're right. I read somewhere that EC has prioritized his development as a singer over his guitar playing since Blind Faith.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
I truly love the Blind Faith effort.....and Steve Winwood in particular.....but my absolute favorite by a single LP group is MacDonald and Giles. Ian MacDonald and Michael Giles recorded this shortly after they left King Crimson. Every cut is perfect, but should be listened to continuously. I used to hate to have to get up and flip the vinyl from side one to side two, and when the CD came out, that was solved.
Here is it in entirety......45 minutes of pure genius.

That's what I was going to post. Love that album!

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Bending the rules a good bit -- I think there is only one album credited to Neil Young & The International Harvesters, which is the magnificent and appropriately named live album A Treasure.